Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

arnott air systems

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 05:37 PM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default arnott air systems

So they do not make a system for 08 with abs? What are other options?

Old 12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder why not. I put an Arnott system on my 09 UC with ABS. Works great. Put it on yesterday in about 2 hours. You better call them.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:34 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They have them for 08 models with ABS call them.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:36 PM
jackinthebox
Road Master

Yeah I must have read the web site wrong

Old 12-08-2008, 09:09 AM
crfranklin65
Tourer

I'd love to hear your review of them when installed. Saving up for it this Spring.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:05 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master

I put the 13inch air ride on my 09 Ultra so it would go up to the original height. I bought a lowered centerstand and can drop it with zero effort. I then hit the down button an my bike lowers onto the stand. Real cool. The ride is the same as stock with high pressure in the system. You can lower it and ride. I bought the 13 inch ride system so that there would be no chance of hitting my wiring harness under the rear fender with it lowered all the way or if I had a failure. Still lowers and looks slammed when on the jiffy stand. Very pleased with this system. 2 options that I would recommend are the up down switch for the handlebars and the 1.5 inch guage. Hard to tell how much pressure you have in the system without the guage. I forgot to get that and ordered it today. If I have to backup or am on uneven roads at a stop I drop it lower to get better footing. Height is an issue on the 09 UC. This system gets 2 thumbs up from me.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:45 AM
crfranklin65
Tourer

Originally Posted by jkoch09ultra
I put the 13inch air ride on my 09 Ultra so it would go up to the original height. I bought a lowered centerstand and can drop it with zero effort. I then hit the down button an my bike lowers onto the stand. Real cool. The ride is the same as stock with high pressure in the system. You can lower it and ride. I bought the 13 inch ride system so that there would be no chance of hitting my wiring harness under the rear fender with it lowered all the way or if I had a failure. Still lowers and looks slammed when on the jiffy stand. Very pleased with this system. 2 options that I would recommend are the up down switch for the handlebars and the 1.5 inch guage. Hard to tell how much pressure you have in the system without the guage. I forgot to get that and ordered it today. If I have to backup or am on uneven roads at a stop I drop it lower to get better footing. Height is an issue on the 09 UC. This system gets 2 thumbs up from me.
Great info - thanks. I believe my shocks are 1" lower. I like the center stand idea. Wonder if it would work on my Street Glide. I am female and was concerned it would be hard for me to engage a center stand. Do you have to back the bike up to engage it? My bike leans over so far on the kickstand. I like the idea of a center stand so it is easier to pick up and go. But I have a hard time backing my bike so I wouldn't want to add one if it is difficult for me to engage on a lower Street Glide model.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Lil Evil
Cruiser

CR,

It should be no problem using a center stand with the air ride. With the right size stand, you would just flip the stand down and then lower the bike onto the stand, It would take zero effort to do this. I will probably be installing this setup in the spring. I believe if you contacted Wheeldock and told them of your setup, they would set you up with a stand for this purpose.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:13 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master

I bought the lowered stand for a unlowered bike. Put the Arnott system on it and raise it to the stock height. I then lower the stand. It makes no or very little contact with the ground. I then lower the air ride system on it (0 effort, perfect for a female rider or a lazy SOB like me).
If you need to back up. Lower your air ride system. You can then stand up with 3-4 inches clearance off the seat and pull your bike back. You will no longer be on your tippy toes. My 09 UC was hard to back up.
Affordable and awsome system. Mine was from Arnott - and no I am not a salesman for them. I researched and found this affordable system. - it works great and I put it on myself and saved all that labor cost.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:37 AM
crfranklin65
Tourer

Cool - Thanks for posting.

I assume you bought the Bilstein instead of the Aldan Arnott system. Are you happy with the ride?

Quick Reply: arnott air systems