Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How would you upgrade a 09 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 11:30 AM
michaelm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trade for a '10 CVO Street Glide.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:47 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

If you've got an 09 Street Glide and still $20K for options, I'd be sitting on my dealers doorstep for that new Dark Custom CVO Ultra they just released a week ago. Make the trade and then do what minor little changes necessary to make that "Your Own"... Handlebars, seat, and exhaust come to mind immediately. But then you've got the MoCo warranty and the 110 ready to roll....

Old 02-02-2010, 11:50 AM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Yachtman
I would get yourself confortable first. Whether it's the bars, seat, footboards or etc.... If you totally comfortable, then what's ever more important to you, either add-ons or power, that's what you need to do.
10K is a lot of something, that's for certain! and if I had an extra 20K to spend, I'd buy another bike!
Yup, what he said. The first thing I would do is get another seat, change the bars, windshield, add highway pegs, etc.

Then I'd prbably go for a 103 or 110 upgrade with cams, tuner and dyno time, along with the exhaust of my choice.

I'd add an amp for the radio, and upgrade the speakers. Get a GPS for longer trips.

New wheels and a chrome front end and hand controls would be next, followed by whatever other bling I wanted (floorboards, handgrips, etc.

Then I'd just ride the hell out of it.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:08 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
If you've got an 09 Street Glide and still $20K for options, I'd be sitting on my dealers doorstep for that new Dark Custom CVO Ultra they just released a week ago. Make the trade and then do what minor little changes necessary to make that "Your Own"... Handlebars, seat, and exhaust come to mind immediately. But then you've got the MoCo warranty and the 110 ready to roll....
+1 the CVO is gonna hold it's value a lot more too.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:14 PM
cbrenthus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,639 Likes on 681 Posts

I'd go for comfort and stereo. I would also due a pipe, AC, and power commander. That's it. For a daily driver that is going to see nasty weather, salt, etc... I would definatly not get custom paint, alot of chrome, or mod the heck out of the engine. You'd spend more time cleaning and repairing than riding. If I felt the need to really up the engine, with that kind of cash, I would probably buy a whole other engine and have that one modded. That way, if anything breaks, I could throw the stock engine back in over the weekend and be riding while the worked motor was fixed.

I had a cbr900rr that I customized the heck out of years ago. Nice paint, new bodywork, worked over motor, PM wheels, etc. I had way more fun with that bike when it was bone stock and I wasn't so worried about rain, or it getting scratched, or whatever!