Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A great story of Christmas spirit...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 01:59 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BadPiggy
You spend $10,000 on Christmas?
LOL

I gave each of my grown kids and there spouses 75$ each. To do more would cause me to discombobalate my finances. Now the grand kids ...no holds barred.

I don't think the gentleman meant he spent 10,000$ on Christmas, did he?

Old 12-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by quint
He's an elevator repairman who works for Otis, so I know he doesn't rake in the big bucks, so for him to write that size check is a big deal for him.

I believe you might have underestimated your friend's earning power. Here in the Washington DC area the elevator repair people that I know make more than "proverbial plumber" and that's saying something. LOL

Even so, if was still a nice gesture on his part. Merry Xmas

Old 12-07-2008, 09:03 PM
quint
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
Just got back and read this reply Quint. Thanks for clarifying that. I definitely admit that I am one that misunderstood the original post.

You have a great friend there and I am sure that you are a great friend to him. I hope that both of you and your families have a warm holiday season and a great 2009.
Thanks Clint - I appreciate your warm words. Merry Christmas to you and your family. As a footnote to the story, last night we went around to their place for dinner, had a couple too many beers and helluva lot of laughs. I guess we got into the Xmas spirit early.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:16 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Wow this is a tough crowd. Thanks for sharing a great story and make sure you keep fgriends like that close. Blessings come from near and far and a persons stature rarely reflect their ability or desire to do what is in their heart. I got poor friends that would give me the shirt off their back and rich ones that wouldn't part with a cent without a contract. Things are very different than last year or the year before here also, but life goes on. Merry Christmas to ALL!

Last edited by BigDaddyMike; 12-07-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Felt like it!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:43 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Cool story man. You have a true friend there, who put his heart out to you, just because he wanted to make your life a little easier. My guess is, he id it, in part, because you have, or he knows you would, do the same for him - be there to do whatever you can when he needs it. What he did is a positive reflection on him and you.

The bank thing will get straightened out eventually. In the meantime, have an awesome Christmas!

Old 12-08-2008, 09:46 PM
quint
Tourer

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
I got poor friends that would give me the shirt off their back and rich ones that wouldn't part with a cent without a contract.
Hallelujah! Ain't that the truth. I go riding with some great friends. One of 'em is about 6'6" and as my daughter says, as big as a building. He's a trucker who ain't got a barrel of money, but he'd do almost anything for one of his friends. I have another riding "friend" who has more money than God, swaps his bikes about 3 - 4 times a year, and bitches and moans more than anyone I know. If we're in some greasy spoon somewhere on Sunday morning, paying about 7 bucks for breakfast, he'll be the one who gives the waitress a hard time about his eggs being too hard/too runny/too cold/too late/too greasy/too everything...

BigDaddyMike - I think you nailed the nature of some people with your perfect comment!!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:42 AM
bigjames19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story, nice that you have a friend like that, when you clear your account might want to search for another bank because if it is a business acct. you can not let that get in the way of your living. Find a bank that will work for you!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:51 AM
goinsideways136
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

know how you feel man. im broke as hell this month and just scrapin by. you have a good friend

Old 12-09-2008, 06:55 AM
so165
Tourer

I had to rewrite this after going back and reading the clarification. But still, I aint never had 10 k at one time. how do you get money like that?

Last edited by so165; 12-09-2008 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:03 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by soos
You just have to be a little bit clearer in expressing your thoughts, which isn't always easy to do when putting them into print. So sometimes, people miss the point you are trying to make.

What you should do in this case is to type your thoughts BIGGER SO THAT THE DULLER ONES OF THIS FORUM CAN BETTER UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.
what!??? i couldn't hear you....

i got the point of the story, and its great that you have a friend who is in a position to be able to do that. merry christmas to all...

the only part of the story that i don't get is the bank freezing all of your assets. my wife works at a bank, and i worked at a couple as well before joining the army. what we would have done is put a hold on your account only for the amount of the check. unless (and you didn't specify) the check was for more than yoiur total account balance, you still would have had access to some of your money....

Last edited by skratch; 12-09-2008 at 09:08 AM.