Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A great story of Christmas spirit...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need friends like him.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Javawave
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is nice to have a friend like that. Friends are one of the gifts we sometimes over look.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:50 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by quint
A couple of the guys might have kinda missed the point...
1. My friend will be paid back - first priority
2. My Xmas won't cost me $10K - that's just what I had deposited into the account to get through the Xmas/New Year period, pay the mortgage, car payments, and have a buffer. It was the bank that decided to take that.

The point was that he parked out some money - not at my request (because I would never do that) - because he saw a friend in a tight spot. Maybe next time a friend does me a good deed, I oughta keep it to myself.

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone!
You just have to be a little bit clearer in expressing your thoughts, which isn't always easy to do when putting them into print. So sometimes, people miss the point you are trying to make.

What you should do in this case is to type your thoughts BIGGER SO THAT THE DULLER ONES OF THIS FORUM CAN BETTER UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Skulmn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great Story.

You indeed have a GREAT friend.

For anyone who did not get this, learn how to read. In addition, on a thread like this, keep your "negativity" to yourself.

Many people, including me, have much different circumstances than the year before. If you think your immune from the poor economy or collateral damge from it, you MAY NOT BE.

Again, I and most, are glad that this situation seems to have a happier ending than before your friend stepped in.

Have a Happy Holiday Season.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:43 AM
quint
Tourer

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the warm words. My circumstances are different this year than last. I think the tough financial times mean that some folks are more generous (like my buddy) and some are scamming more, like the person with the rubber check.

And I will definitely pay him back, but more than that, when I get a little cash in bank, I'm going to do something for someone who needs help more than either me or him.

This last round of responses proves to me that the Xmas spirit is alive and well. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 12:08 PM
mudsnark
Advanced

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the warm words. My circumstances are different this year than last. I think the tough financial times mean that some folks are more generous (like my buddy) and some are scamming more, like the person with the rubber check.

And I will definitely pay him back, but more than that, when I get a little cash in bank, I'm going to do something for someone who needs help more than either me or him.
This last round of responses proves to me that the Xmas spirit is alive and well. Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Quint--Great idea to help out someone in need. Your generousity will be rewarded in more ways than one. Thanks for sharing the story.

Acta Virum Probant

Old 12-07-2008, 12:14 PM
KBrown53
Road Captain

Quint,

You are blessed to have friends like that.

Pass on the CHRISTmas spirit!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Silverstone
Tourer

Buddies like that need looking after,customers like that need ditchin'
Merry Christmas.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:25 PM
kjmorgan
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Friends like that are worth more than words can say!

This hasn't been brought up yet - I'm sure you had a nice chat with the bank manager about this whole situation. If you're not satisfied with the treatment you got, I'd say it's time to move your money/business to another bank when this is all resolved.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A couple of the guys might have kinda missed the point...
1. My friend will be paid back - first priority
2. My Xmas won't cost me $10K - that's just what I had deposited into the account to get through the Xmas/New Year period, pay the mortgage, car payments, and have a buffer. It was the bank that decided to take that.

The point was that he parked out some money - not at my request (because I would never do that) - because he saw a friend in a tight spot. Maybe next time a friend does me a good deed, I oughta keep it to myself.

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone!
Just got back and read this reply Quint. Thanks for clarifying that. I definitely admit that I am one that misunderstood the original post.

You have a great friend there and I am sure that you are a great friend to him. I hope that both of you and your families have a warm holiday season and a great 2009.

Quick Reply: A great story of Christmas spirit...