Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A great story of Christmas spirit...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Definitely a tough crowd, thanks for the story.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:03 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Because someone owns a Harley that makes them wealthy and able to have access to money at anytime there is a need. I must have missed the part in the adds/commercials that tells you buying a Harley will curb you need to eat also. While I would have never taken the money, I understand what it is like to have people that owe you money not pay you or string you out and cost you money.

This is about the kindness of a friend nothing more.. I don't think some here read so good.
Merry Christmas Happy New Year and make damn sure you pay that Kind Man back his money.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:32 AM
vindyl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people don't get it I understand your point. Your bank froze the account. not that you are broke you just can't use your money. GREAT friend you have there to do that for you till you can use your money again. I know he is first on the list when your money is at your disposal again. I would toss him a extra 500.00 for helping out and I'd also take him and his wife out for an all expense paid night on the town just to say thanks. Merry Christmas. And I hope your bank fixes everything for you soon

Last edited by vindyl; 12-07-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:50 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice story...Good luck and have a Merry Christmas...

Old 12-07-2008, 07:53 AM
gmjhd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That`s a great, kind friend. I hope is all works out for you and your wife.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:32 AM
lmb1485
Tourer

I think we all should try helping another brother out in tough times,pass the giving on to our kids cuz really till ya been there and done that ya really don't know what ti feels like,regardless of what side of the story you're on.have a great christmas your living in the true spirit of Christmas ,Quint

Old 12-07-2008, 08:33 AM
gregsworld
Tourer

I totally did not get the hostility here. I got the story immediately. He was never claiming to spend 10G's on Christmas. What a great friend to cover those costs through the holidays. I saw this great story on the news yesterday about a Starbucks where someone had pulled up to the window, paid for their coffee and then paid for the person behind them. I had done this before at a toll booth just for kicks. What was amazing was that the next 53 STRAIGHT CUSTOMERS paid it forward. To me, it was a story illustrating how 'we are all in this together.' CLASSY stuff. POWERFUL stuff. Merry Christmas !

Greg

Old 12-07-2008, 08:45 AM
jd533
Road Captain

the good and the bad in life, one gives you the shaft with the bad check, then a true friend steps up to help out. Its a shame the good is slowly being outdone by the ones with no morals.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Glideguy08
Tourer

Your point was very clear to me. Thanks for reminding me of the true meaning of friendship. Nice story...Good luck and have a Merry Christmas

Old 12-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gregsworld
I totally did not get the hostility here. I got the story immediately. He was never claiming to spend 10G's on Christmas. What a great friend to cover those costs through the holidays. I saw this great story on the news yesterday about a Starbucks where someone had pulled up to the window, paid for their coffee and then paid for the person behind them. I had done this before at a toll booth just for kicks. What was amazing was that the next 53 STRAIGHT CUSTOMERS paid it forward. To me, it was a story illustrating how 'we are all in this together.' CLASSY stuff. POWERFUL stuff. Merry Christmas !

Greg

It is winter. It is cold out. Less people are riding. More people hanging around the forum with nothing better to do then criticize and critique others. Happens every year.

Yeah I got the story too. And I was reading one yesterday about a the Secret Santa in St. Louis handing out hunder dollar bills to those who looked like they need it. Great stories of kindness just when we really need it.

Unfortunately you have to read stories like this as well:

Angry laid-off workers occupy factory in Chicago

One part of that story that really stands out and hit a nerve with me is:

Bank of America (the company's creditor) received $25 billion from the government's financial bailout package. The company said in a statement Saturday that it isn't responsible for Republic's financial obligations to its employees.
Wow!!! The fuggin nerve.

Quick Reply: A great story of Christmas spirit...