Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have a in dash dvd player?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 06:35 PM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel a DVD player on your ride is just like any other piece of bling or aftermarket electronics. The OP probably just want it to look cool and nice at show and rallies. I like that some of these guys are also using the screen for nav and other stuff. Its kinda like the 21/18 wheel debate. Just new sh*t available and if you like then cool if not then just ride on. If we all were the same there wouldnt be any aftermarket companies. Just my take.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Hrlyrider
DVD/NAV/CD/MP3/etc, as you stated DVD for movies why on a bike, Nav its called buy a GPS, MP3 use mp3 player pluged into stock radio still no need for DVD, CD already in stock radio. So now maybe you can clear up why we need the DVD on a bike unless we want to watch a movie. I am sorry but that is the stupidest most dangerous thing I can think of. I don't think they should be allowe to sell a in dash dvd player even for Vehicles with more than 2 wheels, why you ask there are laws against having it is sight of the driver. Maybe they think that would be a distraction. People can't even talk on a phone and drive now you think they can drive and watch a movie. I hope it is you that wants to do a group ride with this guy as for me I don't even want to be on the road when he is riding. Just my 2 cents and seems like most others think it is dangerous.
Look, I'll say this...no one and I mean NO ONE should actively watch a movie on a DVD/NAV/CD/MP3/etc, etc, head unit while ACTIVELY riding a motorcycle (or driving a cage for that matter). Now, does that mean I'm against anyone for getting a DVD/NAV/CD/MP3/etc, etc, head unit and putting it in their bike...NO!!!! To each his own!!!! But, I'm also not an ignorant ******* to ridicule anyone for doing it. That's the type of opinions that DO NOT need to be posted on this forum.

Originally Posted by url8
cd, dvd, mp3....BFD!!!
EXACTLY!!!!

Originally Posted by Jambon1
There are no assumptions being made when someone asks about installing a DVD player. If you want to "help educate" people, why don't you start with SAFETY!!!

Not ridiculing, Just Sayin'
So, you know for a FACT that the OP is going to watch a movie while actively riding if he installs a "DVD player"? Because if you are 100% sure he is...then you are a better man than me.

And I'm not ridiculing, I'm just saying!

Old 12-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by jackinthebox
I feel a DVD player on your ride is just like any other piece of bling or aftermarket electronics. The OP probably just want it to look cool and nice at show and rallies. I like that some of these guys are also using the screen for nav and other stuff. Its kinda like the 21/18 wheel debate. Just new sh*t available and if you like then cool if not then just ride on. If we all were the same there wouldnt be any aftermarket companies. Just my take.
jackinthebox - You nailed it right on the head Brother!!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Hrlyrider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brypink
Look, I'll say this...no one and I mean NO ONE should actively watch a movie on a DVD/NAV/CD/MP3/etc, etc, head unit while ACTIVELY riding a motorcycle (or driving a cage for that matter). Now, does that mean I'm against anyone for getting a DVD/NAV/CD/MP3/etc, etc, head unit and putting it in their bike...NO!!!! To each his own!!!! But, I'm also not an ignorant ******* to ridicule anyone for doing it. That's the type of opinions that DO NOT need to be posted on this forum.

EXACTLY!!!!

So, you know for a FACT that the OP is going to watch a movie while actively riding if he installs a "DVD player"? Because if you are 100% sure he is...then you are a better man than me.

And I'm not ridiculing, I'm just saying!
No your the ignorant ******* that supports stupidity. You won't change my mind it's my opinion so go ***** yourself if you don't like it. You made it a pissing contest. I'm done with it.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:38 PM
url8
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No your the ignorant ******* that supports stupidity. You won't change my mind it's my opinion so go ***** yourself if you don't like it. You made it a pissing contest. I'm done with it.
OH MAN....I could swear while reading this post I could softly hear the music from Deliverance playing in the background!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Again, I agree with you on one thing...this will be my last post about this (just like you). If you can ever get passed your closed mind (and actually read what I posted)...you will see that I agree (and posted) that no one should watch a movie while riding. So support...NO, I dont. Call him stupid for buying one...again, NO, I wont!!!!

Dude, that's like saying that if I buy a gun, I will go shoot somebody. Safety is all out the window...MY GOD, IT'S A GUN!!!! NO ONE CAN BE RESPONSIBLE WITH A GUN...NO MATTER WHAT!!!! THEY ARE SO UNSAFE!!!! YOU'RE STUPID IF YOU BUY A GUN!!!!!

End of my rant! LMFAO

On a serious note...Have a beer!!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by url8
OH MAN....I could swear while reading this post I could softly hear the music from Deliverance playing in the background!!!
That's funny. LOL

Old 12-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a few drinks and re read this entire post and I think its awesome haw crazy some posters here are. **Drunken comments coming now***

How come nobody attacks the threads about carrying a concealed firearm while riding saying they dont want to be on the road when they are out there.... wouldn't want to get shot right:"

**End drunken blah blah**

Old 12-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Jambon1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brypink
...then you are a better man than me.
Thanks.....at least we agree on something

Old 12-08-2008, 08:25 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright, Who put Hrlyrider in charge of what is needed on any bike? At least his picture helps connect the dots. I don't understand the clowns like him. Why even respond? I gave my response of "I'd rather a beer tap" because i would use it more than any dvd/mp3/shoe shiner/cup holder. If i could have helped the original poster i would have. I would not try to tell him why not do it. He did not ask why not.

Quick Reply: Anybody have a in dash dvd player?