Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHT vs. FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's a thought:

How many guys buy a Standard or an Ultra or Classic,
then say "I made it look like a Street Glide"?

Then how many people say they bought Street Glide and say they made it look like an Ultra or Standard? They might add a Tour Pak for convience, but not to look like an Ultra.

I have nothing against an Ultra or a Standard or a Classic, but the Street Glide looks rule for "Sportiness".

Last edited by Texas Fat Boy; 12-05-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Stevenml155
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EGC, quick detach tour pak, pulled the front bumper off, mustang solo seat w/backrest and I've got a cool around town cruiser that works for me. I do a lot of highway riding so the rest of the EGC equip is much appreciated. Picked up the EGC for about a grand less than the SG...just couldn't justify paying more to get less. Just me.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:08 PM
bigjimhp
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder what color inner fairing would look best on a bike like izzoQ's bike like that color scheme, keeps all the glides from looking a like with solid colors

Old 12-23-2008, 07:25 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

I like the black inner fairing. If I got the HD color matched inner, it would be Black Ice. I went into the dealer to buy a red Electra Glide Classic. When we were walking to the office to sign the papers we came to this Black Ice/Blue Ice SG and didn't make it any farther. I know the smart move would have been the EGC cuz I wanted the tour-pac, but gosh that SG was so purty. Going to cost me extra now to add the tour-pac cuz it's 2-tone.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevenml155
Picked up the EGC for about a grand less than the SG...just couldn't justify paying more to get less. Just me.
Same price difference here and I felt the same.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:52 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the Street Glide holding its value better than the EGClassic?

Old 12-23-2008, 08:12 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

not at this time, have you seen the price of used vettes lately? Doing everthing i can not to get a 07/08 vette
Originally Posted by Deuces R Wild
Is the Street Glide holding its value better than the EGClassic?

Old 12-23-2008, 09:41 PM
hdpearl70
Road Captain

Guess I'll put my 2 cents in. I liked the sportiness of the SG also before I got my police EGS. The radio was secondary to comfort but I also got a 103" and oil cooler as a bonus. Since the purchase, I've spent $500 in lowering, detach harware, seat, windscreen, PC3 and K&N filters and still walked out 5k less than a new 96" SG. I do like both but like others have mentioned, I prefer the blank canvas to start on then work my way up in personalizing.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The Standard wasn't even an option for me because of the silver engine. I love the looks of the Street Glide. It is what got me interested in baggers in the first place 3 years ago. I've had two and loved them both. But when I decided to go with an 09 I went the smart way this time. I went with the EG Classic. The way I have it now (and with future planned mods) it is a little Street Glide mixed with a little Ultra. Fits my tastes and needs just fine.

Last edited by Garemlin; 12-24-2008 at 04:59 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:27 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master

I was a newbee when I started to shop for the cycle and I just assumed that all Electrica Glides would be the wrong bike to start off with. The EG standard never was part of my equation. My choice was between the RK and my SG. I'd like to ride an EG now though, to compare it with my SG, especally since I've modified my SG to suit the taller rider. They're both great looking bikes though.

Attached Thumbnails FLHT vs. FLHX-door-county-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: FLHT vs. FLHX