Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHT vs. FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 09:51 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I likes the look of the SG but bought the Ultra. All of my "around here" riding is like it is in the pic.

Touring and anything overnight, the Sundowner seat and tour pac go right on.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:41 AM
HogBack
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was not long ago, that the EG standard had the very ugly silver cases and heads, which made it an easy decision, as most all paint and chrome did not look good with the silver cases. Now there are great choices with the back powder coated cases and heads. The choice is like the others have said, look at the price and intended use, and go for what works for you.

Good Luck

Hogback

Old 12-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know who makes the price decisions at Harley-Davidson Japan, but the SG cost a grand more than an FLHTC here even though it lacks a tour pac...

Old 12-05-2008, 08:55 AM
craigcrewcheif
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I opted for the SG instead of the EG Standard. I knew I would be making changes to either but the SG is more in the direction I wanted to go. I now have what I would consider an Electra Glide/Street Glide Classic. Elements of both bikes I can switch out as needed.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:41 PM
harley1425
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a standard and my decisions for it over a SG is that I haul my wife around alot. Better seat for a passenger, better lighting, better suspension for 2 up riding and alot less money. Plus everybody is buying SG's and I am tired of seeing black motors with chrome. Everywhere you look is a SG or a Harley with a black motor. Didn't make sense that they stripped alot off of the SG but charge more for it.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:16 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I got my EGS basically because I pay cash for my bikes and accessories. The EGS was the most bike for the buck. I've got the scoot and will change it, or not, as I save up the cash. It probably helps that I'm not really into chrome anymore, too.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 118 Posts

Imo, the SG is more visually appealing to the eye. That gaping hole in the fairing of the EGS for the radio just doesn't look right empty. Also, the aluminum finish on the EGS engine isn't as nice as the chrome finish on the SG. Just my opinion...

But, the flat black 09 EGS does look amazing. Wouldn't take much to slap a radio in it and chrome out the engine....

Old 12-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Chuck1
Road Warrior
Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts

I think it could be because it fits more riders, the Street fits males and females better than EG's, do to it's short suspension. Some riders don't fit the EG where as anyone can sit on a Street and feel steady.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:59 PM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I got the 09 FLHT Standard, for the price I got it over the SG.
I saved $2,000, added the Biketronic's radio for $500.
I'm happen and hope to get the chopped tour pak next summer for those road trips.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 PM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default flht

i bought my 08 flht a month after the 09's hit the floor..i was looking at a street glide but the deal i got could not be passed up and since i have changed:
frt fender
rear facia and signals and t/l
profile laced wheels
seat
tank repainted to get rid of the decals and a few other things
havn't spent much between selling the take off parts and buying the new stuff on the forum or e bay..the natural motor grows on me and the project will make the winter a little shorter best thing is i can change things around endlessly and have the best of all the touring models available.
oh, and it came in before mods about 6g under a 09 flhx

Attached Thumbnails FLHT vs. FLHX-flhtgonesg-002.jpg  

Last edited by fathertime; 12-05-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Quick Reply: FLHT vs. FLHX