Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dan Aykroyd's Harley

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:30 AM
quint
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Dan Aykroyd's Harley

I just came back from Fort Worth, TX on a Southwest flight, and at the end of the magazine was a brief interview with Dan Aykroyd. He had this to say...

ROAD THERAPY. I mean no disrespect to the psychological profession, but I honestly believe you don’t need a therapist if you own a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. I’m lucky enough to have a 2003 Harley-Davidson Police FLHP. Just 20 minutes a day riding, and the problems strip away.

What a down-to-earth guy!!!

Last edited by quint; 12-04-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:53 AM
cmcsns
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I must be a bit sicker than him; I need more than 20 min! Living in the Philippines for the past 13 years I need to get back to reality a couple times a year. Once I get back to the States it's about turn off the phone, take off the watch, pack a couple changes of clothes, check with the weather channel, gas up and hit the road. About 2-3 weeks is just about right. I realised years ago that I can be having the worst day of my life but once I ride for a while things fall into perspective and once again, all is right with the universe

Old 12-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

He's right, there's no greater or more thorough form of therapy than a nice ride on a big Harley-Davidson...

Old 12-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by quint

ROAD THERAPY. I mean no disrespect to the psychological profession, but I honestly believe you don’t need a therapist if you own a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. I’m lucky enough to have a 2003 Harley-Davidson Police FLHP. Just 20 minutes a day riding, and the problems strip away.
It's called.......... Cycletherapy

Old 12-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arizona
He's right, there's no greater or more thorough form of therapy than a nice ride on a big Harley-Davidson...
I musnt be as nut as I thought because I feel good after riding my small Harley.... It does take me 40 minutes though.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:47 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

..brings back a memory...it was mid 80's..I'm walking in to "Sportster Specialties" in Hyde Park, Boston, to see the owner Ritchie (rest in peace). As I wade through all the bikes crammed into his tiny shop, one bike catches my eye. It is an FXR with the most hideous-lame paint job I've seen in a long time. It's all Merlin the Majician with the big pointed hat, and stars, and half-moons all over the bike. I says to Ritchie.."who owns this funky POS Ritch?"...he says.."careful with that over there, that's Dan Akroyds bike!"...it was the bike he rode in Belushi's funeral ..

Old 12-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Marine.Top.58
Banned Camp

Originally Posted by quint

There have been many a day that I left work w/a headache, expecting to need 800mg of Motrin when I got home. But, after getting on the bike and rolling into a few twisties, I would forget about my day and the headache would be gone!

Old 12-04-2008, 06:13 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He's actually be riding Harleys since the 70's.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:21 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Elvis had some cool looking Harley's too. I was recently in a HD Store in Memphis and they had what looked like a restored panhead that I recognized as being one that Elvis owned and it turned out to be a reproduction modern bike to copy what Elvis had owned. He owned many Harley's.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:42 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Here's Dan Akroyd.

-

This is but one of Elvis's Harleys showing that he was way cool, building his own "shark nose" before HD built them themselves. Maybe they took Elvis's lead or was this a factory built bike?? (Photo taken at Graceland shortly after opening to the public)

-

AMF era owned by Elvis

Elvis's automobile museum:

Last edited by RODEO; 12-04-2008 at 06:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Dan Aykroyd's Harley