Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want "Cams" in my 08SG-what ya guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 02:03 PM
richy rich
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want "Cams" in my 08SG-what ya guys think?

Hey guys,I have an 08 SG,stock with true dual Rienharts.Wanna go to Cams,air intake,& custom program.Love the sound of a Cammed bike-what cams should I run?Was thinking of a Moto Fuel program as well!

Old 12-03-2008, 02:55 PM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

andrews cams with stock bike but remember cams only change the opening and closing of the valves. you need headwork to get the most out of your cams. properly matched engine parts yield th best results. 1 item alone wont do the trick

Old 12-03-2008, 03:24 PM
FLHT MAN
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

se 204's, no head work... 90 h.p 100 torq....... o.. sounds good to......

Old 12-03-2008, 03:59 PM
richy rich
Intermediate

"SE 204"-Im sorry-what brand are those??Im not gonna port my heads,to be honest with ya,I love the rump-rump,& a little more power from the cams would be great,But Im not trying to make this thing "fast" or anything.What exh are ya running with those "204's"?Does it sound rumpity?

Old 12-03-2008, 05:27 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you just want sound, there's one company that makes cams just for the idle. V-Thunder, maybe? If you want just to get rid of the oddball EPA timing, the Andrews 21 or 26 is best. Changing to geared cams would eliminate the problematic chain setup of the stock cams. I wouldn't recommend any Harley cams. There are much better cams out there.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Overdoo
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cams

You sound just like me. I wanted just cams too on my 08 SG. I wanted those particular cams too. The problem is I wasn't willing to give up my warranty at this point in time. 3 Dealers told me if I wanted to do just cams that my warranty would be essentially done. Now having said they also told me that If I wanted to do the 103 kit, stage 1 or 2 or even a 110 kit that I would be fine and my warranty would remain in tact. I have made the conscious decision to wait till I am out of warranty for now. I have toyed with the 103 stage 2 kit but I just don't feel like throwing money at it right now .. Good luck.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:12 PM
FLHXn
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SE is screaming eagle. I remember when I was new on here. All those abbreviations that I was to embarssed to ask about. I too have an 08 Street Glide. I went with the Andrews 37 cams. No need to go gear drive with the new twin cam. In fact, I've heard problems with using them because of runout on the crank. Can cause some other problems. I've had my 37's installed for a few thousand miles now and also have Power Commander installed. Pretty big difference. Never had it dyno'd but by the seat of my pants, I can tell the difference. Also I switched from my true dual Rinehart setup in favor of the black Fat Cat by D&D. I love that exhaust. I even posted a quick video to show the difference if you're interested... http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=gYh_x6Rc_EY

Old 12-03-2008, 07:25 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Just did mine , wanted to do what you are wanting but got caught up in it, kinda got away from me! Went all SE , only 50 mi so far, just p/u today not dyno tuned yet so far so good it is a hard dog to keep under the porch but I am trying to for the break-in. Oh I did all this at 525 miles,I must be insane!!! If I was going to do cams only SE 211 or Woods 408-44 maybe Andrews 37 , if you get "smaller cams" now you will want more later.At least I would, Have fun!

Old 12-03-2008, 07:31 PM
FLHT MAN
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

screaming eagle like FLHXn sead......

video...

Old 12-04-2008, 12:17 PM
richy rich
Intermediate

K-Im a little lost here,SE stands for Screaming Eagle,what's with the Albert cams?That a different brand all together?Hey "FLHT" with the video-those are SE cams-what # are they?Your bike sounds pretty tough man!

Quick Reply: Want "Cams" in my 08SG-what ya guys think?