Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Longer Kickstand??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 12:36 PM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Longer Kickstand??

Is there anyone that makes a longer Kickstand, it seems as the ultra leans over waay to far. I store it with a 2x4 under the kickstand just to not take up so much room in the garage

Old 12-02-2008, 01:05 PM
mcp96
Novice

I agree with you about the intense lean of an ultra. I didn't find a replacement, but I did buy a wheeldock center stand. The bike is stable enough with it that my wife can get on the bike first without me on it.

wheeldock.com

Old 12-02-2008, 02:09 PM
timvan
Road Warrior

Dont want to do the centerstand, its nice but not what I want. The bike would be great if it were lower with the stock kickstand length...seems like the kickstand is one size fits all, strretglide, utra ect. streetglide doesnt lean over as far due to it being lower

Old 12-02-2008, 02:21 PM
vindyl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My old bike was lowerd so it sat straighter on the stand. To straight I even had the wind almost blow it over. So my E.G. can lean onto the stand all it wants. I think that Harley has done this for a long time and ONE thing I have never heard was my damn bike fell over to the right. The stand my sink in the ground but is that Harley's fault? I am just tellin you as someone who had a bike that was on a stand straight that I am so glad my bike leans now I do not worry about it falling over. And if I park in soft ground I put a block under the stand.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:44 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's a good stand, learn to trust it.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:46 PM
timvan
Road Warrior

Ive had lowerd bikes also, never had one fall on (or off) the stand. the ultra is heavy enough that it wouldnt fall over if the stand was 1" - 2" longer. I could see if the bike was slammed to the fender having a issue, but this isnt the case.
My borget wont fall off the stand and it barely leans over, if the bars are turned right (opposite of stand) it will fall over (rake) but it is still very stable.

back to my thread: Anyone know of a +1" - 2" kickstand for a Ultra?

Old 12-02-2008, 02:48 PM
lmb1485
Tourer

I looked for a long time for a longer kickstand no luck.I ended up traceing the bottom of the kickstand out on a peice of 1/2" steel, cut it out, smoothed all the edges and put a curve on the front tip.I drilled out the steel in 5 locations countersunk the bottom holes.I then drilled and taped out the kickstand and locktighted the screws in,It works for me and I even get more gas in the tank.So much weight on the tip of the kickstand before it would dig in the asphalt easily.don't have that problem any more.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:52 PM
janman55
Road Captain

There have been several occasions when parking on an uphill slope (uphill on the kickstand side)that had the kickstand been any longer it would not have worked out. I'd rather prop it up on a 2x4 in my garage if I had to rather than have some iffy parking situations.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:59 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gunner11
It's a good stand, learn to trust it.
+1...

Old 12-02-2008, 03:01 PM
rc9636
Cruiser

I agree with Vindy, that it's better to have it leaning over a little rather than upright.
Parked my Fatboy on a sloping driveway that caused it to be upright. When I came back out it was on it's left side.

Harley has been at this for a few years now and they usually have a reason for their madness!

Quick Reply: Longer Kickstand??