Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Longer Kickstand??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 AM
jpb
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jonny for your post.

I have been looking for a solution for 4 years now and have tried everything. The geometry is tricky here and the fix is not easy. I even made a new kickstand by bending a new harley one. It fixed the lean angle. Then when folding it the stand rubber stop misses the botom of the frame so I had to fabricate a longer tab for the rubber bumper so it would catch the frame, however it still tucked under the primary further and now I had to weld on a new longer tab near the base of the stand so I could catch it with my foot. Then I had it re-chromed. I thought I had it licked at this point but the metal I carfully selected to do the add ons was the wrong choice and when the kickstand was released and slamed up a few times the tabs would bend. So I gave up at this point. I should have tried a different metal but I gave up.

I can't use the 3/8 spacers because the left rear rider footrest support bolts up against the face of the bracket and it gives it a screwed up apparance to the footrest.

The PM unit had not effect at all.

My bike is a 2007 ultra classic SE and the 09 bracket fix wont work either.

Any other ideas??

Last edited by jpb; 05-23-2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-24-2012, 06:24 AM
wheelsnkeels
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only idea I can think of is the after market center stands. I haven't tried that yet. They have them at the Rallies possibly they would doe a try and buy? I've seen them being installed at Black Hills Harley during Sturgis Bike week. Maybe this year?