Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price increase on 09 bikes in Canada.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 08:16 PM
RnR
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ca.Fatlad
I agree it is not my dealers fault, but check out Barrie H-D website click on current inventory seems like they are charging new prices for bikes that they already have in stock,that's the way it looks to me???
Try MotorSportsPlus. I haven't heard straight out of their mouths. But I bet they would give you the old price on current stock. The other possibility is to cancel your order and hope for a spring promotion.

Another shop that has a good reputation is Pete's Sales & Service in Pembroke/Petawawa.

Rob

Old 12-01-2008, 08:47 PM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default canadian harley prices

makes me REALLY glad i purchased my left over 08 flht in sept...just a tad over 15g canadian..dodged a bullet there for sure..if i had waited, i would have had to forget it for sure

Old 12-01-2008, 09:14 PM
dstress
Stage III

This topic actually made me join this forum just so I could cry with the rest of ya. Greetings from Newfoundland. I'm also "on order" for a 09 rg. Deposit paid, April delivery. Just saw the posted price increase tonight while at work. With security, pearl paint and abs it looks like $2200 plus tax. That's a lot of overtime But as many have said, it coulda been worse with the 0.80 can dollar. My understanding of Harley Canada price policy is that price is fixed at time of sale, regardless of where you buy it. So it'll screw up a decent night's sleep tonight, sting like a bugger tomorrow, then I'll bitch and moan for a few days and then I'll probably get back to daydreaming about riding my new scoot and wishing winter was already behind us. Bright side is finance rate is down over half a point and gas is down to 0.92 a litre from 1.47 last summer. If I fill that 6 gal tank enough I may save my 2k

Old 12-01-2008, 09:14 PM
RexBuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GlideMan
I'm not even sure the dealers outright own the stock on the floor because they are mandated to raise all pricing effective the date that Deeley instructs them to. This includes in stock as well as stock on order so the pricing is the same. They all have quota's and assigned model inventories allocated as well so it's not like the dealers can load up before an increase either. Maybe HD holds terms and financing on the bikes like the big three do with the auto dealers.
One dealer told me that Deeley owns the inventory and the dealer doesn't take the risk on price changes due to currency changes. I would guess that Deeley hedges the currency so they don't have to worry about currency swings going against them on the entire Canadian dealer inventory.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:17 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dstress
This topic actually made me join this forum just so I could cry with the rest of ya. Greetings from Newfoundland. I'm also "on order" for a 09 rg. Deposit paid, April delivery. Just saw the posted price increase tonight while at work. With security, pearl paint and abs it looks like $2200 plus tax. That's a lot of overtime But as many have said, it coulda been worse with the 0.80 can dollar. My understanding of Harley Canada price policy is that price is fixed at time of sale, regardless of where you buy it. So it'll screw up a decent night's sleep tonight, sting like a bugger tomorrow, then I'll bitch and moan for a few days and then I'll probably get back to daydreaming about riding my new scoot and wishing winter was already behind us. Bright side is finance rate is down over half a point and gas is down to 0.92 a litre from 1.47 last summer. If I fill that 6 gal tank enough I may save my 2k
At least you're getting a really good Motorcycle there... Welcome to the secret society!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Ca.Fatlad
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Not only did they raise the bike prices!!,raised the Security, ABS, and Cruise, options 10% talk about double-dipping.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:24 PM
RnR
Advanced

The difference, after taxes, on a black Ultra with ABS and security is $2752.20. Not sure if warranty is up to. When asked last week, I was quoted $1700 for the plus 5 years (7 total). I don't have the tire/rim protection price in front of me right now. I think it was in the high 3 hundreds.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Lone Wolf In Canada
Intermediate

I thought this would happen. I bought my 08 FLHTC in June 08 from Barrie HD and asked them if the price was going to go up in Canada because of the US dollar. They wouldn't talk about it.
I like the new changes to the touring line also but wouldn't want to pay 10% more because of the economy.
This Deeley "monopoly" in Canada is unfair. I know what Ca Fatlad is talking about. If you want anything Harley in Canada Trev Deeley gets it from HD USA, jacks up the price and decides what you're paying for it.
Deeley also insists all HD sellers in Canada go "big box" store. Someone has to pay for those upgrades.
I bought the #8 X 1" screw that holds the headlight ring to the headlight body on my 05 Sporty at a HD dealer and after paying for my purchases realized they charged me $4.00 for one screw.
I was offered nothing from the Harley dealer for my fully loaded 05 Sporty 1200 when I bought my EG in June. The salesman said I should sell it privately.
Will this put our insurance up again because the bike's worth more? We only get 6 months to ride up here as it is.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:47 PM
DMcBiker
Cruiser

I don’t like a price increase anymore than the next guy, but if you look at the numbers it’s not a bad deal from HD. This time last year the Canadian dollar was at or near par with the US dollar, yet there was still a +10% price difference from US HD pricing to Canadian HD pricing. Today, the Canadian dollar is 20% less than the US dollar, if you take a US price and add 20% you will get the new Canadian price. At the end of the day Harley has taken a 10% hit on Canadian pricing. Harley is also one of the few manufacturers that has about same price US and Canada after the exchange rate. You can’t blame Deeley’s or Harley for the exchange rate and the crappy Canadian dollar. Hopefully our used HD’s are now worth a bit more money. Nobody buys these things because there’re a good investment, we buy them because we love Harleys and biking.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:28 PM
don juan
Advanced

Very glad I bought 09 ultra in September.Had to $$ going down price would change. Truly if you look in U.S. there are dealers that willarrange a sale of new to Canadians. Go ask.
don juan

Quick Reply: Price increase on 09 bikes in Canada.