Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Started negotiations on 09' RK... Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 01:06 PM
robzuc97
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If no one said before (going riding gotta hurry!) get a stage I with ECM upgrade at purchase. Everyone ends up doing at least this and then all is covered under warranty at the time of purchase, too.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:13 PM
nolafishr
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds Good, make sure you are getting a Good Interest Rate you can live with, you can always refinance if you have to. I took My 09 Home this past Wednesday and when I was finishing up My Deal they were prepping a 09 RKC at the same time for Delivery, they are willing to make deals now just be careful and be sure to ask for things also.

2009 Road Glide - Red Sunglo

Old 11-29-2008, 01:22 PM
EGlideKid
Road Master

Tony P.
If you have more than one or two dealers to work with in your area, I'd work up a "spec sheet" for exactly what you want - labor included, and fax, email, take it to as many dealers as you can and get their best price. Pick the one you want after that.
I did that with 13 different dealers and ended up with a really good deal. It didn't hurt that I ended up spending over $25k at that dealer before I was out the door. Money talks... especially in today's economy.
Happy Bargaining,
EGK

Old 11-29-2008, 02:17 PM
SurfGuitar
Cruiser

Hi, Tony,

I think you should buy this one: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motorcycles-for-sale/295668-relist-2008-rk-classic-anniv-only-183-miles-16-500-a.html

No sales tax, a top of the line RKC, the upgrades are already done, and just 25 miles from you!

Last edited by SurfGuitar; 11-29-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:02 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

you can always get 20% off online just go fpr the gift card

Old 11-29-2008, 08:18 PM
KBrown53
Road Captain

best deal I have seen in my area is $500 under msrp with not dealer prep.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:30 PM
geeded
Cruiser

Sounds good to me, but get the ABS. It can save your life and you'll get the money back when you sell it.

Just sayin'

Old 11-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 216 Posts

Thanks for the responses. I won't be financing - I will pay the difference with cash (I know... nice problem to have, but it will still hurt a bit). I will see if I can get a gift card thrown in the deal.

I haven't seen an 09' RK with ABS... SGs and RGs, but no RKs...

Old 11-30-2008, 04:54 AM
Scubadog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am an ex-salesman. Made a lot of $$$ and hated the job. Might as well get it all out so here's my $10.00 worth.

Sell your 07, don't trade it.

Go into the dealer one hour before closing. Ask for the sales manager and tell him or her that you have done all of your research and that you know exactly what you want. Never, EVER discuss how you be paying for your bike until AFTER the deal is done. If they continue to ask about payment, make your position clear and ask them to RESPECT you.

Write your exact deal on the back of a business card, give it to the sales manager and ask him or her to please call your cell before the end of TODAY if they decide to accept your offer. Tell them that you might change your mind tomorrow or you might continue shopping around, but that this is the ONLY deal that you will make TODAY. Tell them that you are RESPECTING them by telling them exactly the deal you are willing to commit to RIGHT NOW to make a deal TODAY. Ask them to RESPECT you by not having you sit in an office while he “sees what he can do” and to RESPECT you by NOT calling you or bothering you with ANY deal that is more than you are willing to pay TODAY. Then politely thank them for their time and head for the car, but take a minute to look at a few bikes on the way out. If you get to the car and drive away without them calling you back in then you will have gained valuable information and confirmed that your offer is a deal they cannot possibly make. Or.. You might get your deal. You can always go back tomorrow.

It is the dealer’s job to sell the bike for as much as they can get and it is your job to buy the bike for as little as you can. A salesman’s responsibility is to make money for his family and a buyers responsibility is to save money for his family. It’s as simple as that and all the sparring and BS that goes into a new purchase is completely fair for both parties. This purchase should be strictly business, no emotions and no guilt trips.

A Harley salesman is no different than any other new vehicle salesman. The job by nature is designed for them to lie to you. The sales manager instructs the salesman to lie to you. Otherwise every dealer would just have a price-tag on every bike and that would be it. I know that sounds harsh and all of the Defenders of the Dealers will cry foul. But vehicle salesman and sales managers will lie EVERY time and here is a simple test to prove it. Walk into any dealer and ask for the sales manager. Ask him to please RESPECT you and tell you the very best deal he can make you on an 09 Ultra with ABS and security. Once he gives you the number tell him that you will make the deal RIGHT NOW if he takes off $200 and throws in a free 1000mi service. Write your offer on a business card, politely thank him for his time and head for the door. I guaranty that you will never make it to the car, EVERY TIME. Why?? Because the sales manager lied to you about the best deal he can make.

If you are worried about developing a relationship with your dealer than have some pizza and beer delivered after you make your deal.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:58 AM
titusvilleharley
Banned For Ripping Off HDF Members

buy a street glide

Quick Reply: Started negotiations on 09' RK... Thoughts?