Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power Commander

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008 | 07:21 PM
WensGlide
|
6th Gear
Wink power Commander

Was wondering if there is an alternative to the Power Commander?
I kniow they are out there but I am unsure which one is best.
Can someone please help. I have an 06 STREETGLIDE WITH SAMPSON TRUE DUALS

"HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO YOU ALL"

Old 11-26-2008 | 07:35 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member

There are lots of fuel management systems out there. Basically I see three types. Type one you put it on using the map installed and there are no real adjustments. The FuelPak is such a unit. Type two can have the map changed by yourself using a simple program supplied with the unit through a PC. The Power Commander III is an example. Type three is a unit which when installed looks at how you ride and makes adjustments itself. Thunder Max is an example. Which type would you like to have installed on your bike. How much do you want to spend?

Old 11-26-2008 | 07:45 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bluesssman
There are lots of fuel management systems out there. Basically I see three types. Type one you put it on using the map installed and there are no real adjustments. The FuelPak is such a unit. Type two can have the map changed by yourself using a simple program supplied with the unit through a PC. The Power Commander III is an example. Type three is a unit which when installed looks at how you ride and makes adjustments itself. Thunder Max is an example. Which type would you like to have installed on your bike. How much do you want to spend?

course the 4th type is the SERT or HD Pro tuner, which allows you to install a map or build/adjust a map in the existing ECU on the bike.

Old 11-26-2008 | 07:48 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by gman
course the 4th type is the SERT or HD Pro tuner, which allows you to install a map or build/adjust a map in the existing ECU on the bike.

You are right! I am sorry, I just don't think about the dealer doing anything to a bike... just don't trust them.

Old 11-26-2008 | 08:12 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bluesssman
You are right! I am sorry, I just don't think about the dealer doing anything to a bike... just don't trust them.

Dealer?? You can do it yourself, certainly don't need the dealer to do it. course the SERTs are HD, so that is where you will have to likely go to buy one.