Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For give me. I may sin.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 08:57 PM
96 Ultra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my ultra classic with 28,000 miles for almost that price, so there are some deals out there.

Have you looked at a V Star ? Nice ride, about 1/2 the price of a Harley...

Old 11-26-2008, 08:57 PM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honda has a ton of nice bikes that you can pick up used for a great price. I've been riding with a buddy that has a Suzuki M50 it's a very nice bike and seems to run between 4-5 grand used. Anybody that cares what YOU are riding has some issues they should probably resolve. There are lots of great bikes out there, enjoy and ride safe.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:03 PM
ShooterSteve1953
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sgl0226
I love Harley's. I started riding only a year and a half ago at age 52 and I have had four. I wanted to ride Harley's my entire life, and finally said it's now or never. I started with a Sportster 1200, quickly moved to a super glide, then the anniver edition wide glide, and finally said why not get what I really want. So now I ride a 2008 RKC and absolutely love it. I couldn't imagine owning anything else, unless......
I live in Ohio and store the bike at the local Harley dealer over the winter because it's the only way I can get my car in the garage. And if this winter is going to be like last, I will be very depressed not being able to ride. But my parents have a house in Florida and my dad doesn't have too much longer (three packs a day for most of his life). I'm thinking of getting a bike for down there so I can go down and spend more time with them. I'll see my dad a little while he's still here, and go visit mom a little more often when he's gone. But I really can't afford much for another bike. I'm looking to spend only around $8500. The sportster was really too small for me so a used one is out of the question. Any used Harley for that much probably has a lot of miles on it, and I am no mechanic. For the times I go down to Florida, about once every three to four months, I don't want to spend my limited time getting my bike fixed if something's wrong. So (and this is the part you need to forgive me for) I actually looked at the new Yamaha 1300. Kind of reminds me of a small Road King (believe me, I know it's no Harley). But at least I could have a bike to keep in a garage and go ride when I'm visiting. I'd fly down, unplug the battery tender, and off to ride the bike up and down the gulf coast. Is that so wrong? Ok, let's hear it.
Why not just ship your bike down to Florida for the winter?

Old 11-26-2008, 09:04 PM
sgl0226
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I've thought of that too. But I also plan on visiting during the summer months and figured it would be nice to have a bike there everytime I go down.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:05 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Instead of storing your Harley at the local Harley dealer, why not use a couple of hundred to ship your bike to Florida so you can store it and use it there during the Winter?

That's got to be an option no? A cheap option at that!

Old 11-26-2008, 09:47 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ripper43
stfu......................
lmfao!

Old 11-26-2008, 09:47 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sgl0226
ezriderpgh: Did yours have forward controls?

Yes, and a quick disc shield, xied's, cycle shack slip ons, more chrome trinkets than you can imagine. It really is a great scoot and I wish I could of kept it and still bought the Ultra. I had 18k into it. There is a pic of it on their site in the pre-owned section.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:48 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would focus on my Dad and not worry if I had a bike for home and one for Florida. Go rent one for the limited time you will ride there.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:54 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For that kind of $$$$ you can get yourself a newer Buell. I'm 63 and just traded my 03 FLHRI for a Buell XB12XT. Unbelievable bike for the money. I liked riding it better than the RK. Super road/street bike with lots of luggage and about 60 mpg. Go ride one.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Big Jake
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you store your RK in Florida? Ride it down there and leave it. Take a one way back. Why get another bike especially one you don't want?

Quick Reply: For give me. I may sin.