Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 more time - Metzler or Mitchelin

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008 | 06:53 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

The old Dunlops wore like iron and gripped almost as well. Good for longevity but not so great in the corners. But the new gen Dunlops that come stock on the '09 seem far grippier. Very impressed so far.

Old 11-28-2008 | 10:14 AM
mickael moore
Cruiser

Target may trade on the US market and be headquartered in MN. but it is own by the french. Target also suppost Homo's rights and Will not help any US Armed Force in or on anything. I will not do business with them. Next time we should let the french speak German.

Once A Marine, Always A Marine.

Old 11-28-2008 | 02:32 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by mickael moore
Target may trade on the US market and be headquartered in MN. but it is own by the french. Target also suppost Homo's rights and Will not help any US Armed Force in or on anything.
Once A Marine, Always A Marine.
LOLOL that's funny... I don't care who you are....

here... try reading some facts... http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

I've heard the saying "you can always tell a Marine...... you just can't tell 'em much"

Old 11-28-2008 | 02:38 PM
Pablo22
Road Warrior

Metzeler ME880 Marathons - hands down the best tires I've had!

Old 11-28-2008 | 02:47 PM
lmb1485
Tourer

dunlops get me real good mileage

Old 11-28-2008 | 03:37 PM
mickael moore
Cruiser

Snopes is writen by just two people in California that are very "lib" in writing only what they feel should be correct if it is not to thier thinking.

Skootchnc: it is plain to see your colors, you have not the intelligent to have a dialog with some one you disagree with out trying to insult them. Of course distance always make the mouth bigger. You Voted for Obama, didn't you?

Once A Marine, Always A Marine

Old 11-28-2008 | 04:45 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by mickael moore
Snopes is writen by just two people in California that are very "lib" in writing only what they feel should be correct if it is not to thier thinking.

Skootchnc: it is plain to see your colors, you have not the intelligent to have a dialog with some one you disagree with out trying to insult them. Of course distance always make the mouth bigger. You Voted for Obama, didn't you?

1)Whether snopes is written by 2 people in California, or not, is of no concern to me... however, Target is not French, never was! here's another source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target_Corporation I suppose Wikpedia ia written by the same 2 people with their "liberal" agenda.. of course I haven't see YOUR source for your information

2) MY??? colors? My lack of intelligence?? you seem to be the one quick to attemt an insult...

3) as a matter of fact I didn't vote for Sen Obama... but what if I had? was THAT supposed to insult me??? hardly....

and for the record, I'll match my DD-214 and DD-256 against anyone's....

Old 11-28-2008 | 05:05 PM
mickael moore
Cruiser

Skootchnc:I know you could not stay away. EGO! Oh Sorry, I did not vote for Obama either, One good thing about us both. What is a DD-256? Must of been after my time, could of been before. But if you can tell me with out trying to insult me I might listen. Look out or we could be best friends. I still won't shop Target and they are still french owned. I'll do my best to buy tires from countries that are friendly to American.

Old 01-07-2009 | 09:47 PM
g4meDTP
Novice

Originally Posted by skootchnc
Michelin IS French-owned
Metzler IS Greman-owned (made in Brazil)
Dunlop IS British-owned
Firestone is owned by Japanese
That leaves you with Cooper,Hoiser,and Goodyear... which , last I looked ,none of whom make motorcycle tires

What "American Owned" motorcycle tire company you got in mind?
not to mention, all that "made in China" stuff ya see at the dealership
Dunlop is owned by Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. (Japan). However, Goodyear took control of their tire operations in N. America and Europe in 1999, while becoming the second largest sharholder in Sumitomo and getting a board seat. So Dunlop is your best bet for American tires.

Old 01-08-2009 | 12:31 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

After the stock Dunlops wore out on my 2000 FXST I went for Avon Venoms and thought they handled and gripped much better than the OEM tires.

But the new generation Dunlops on the '09s are fantastic tires. I see no reason to go to another brand.

Quick Reply: 1 more time - Metzler or Mitchelin