Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 more time - Metzler or Mitchelin

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008 | 11:40 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member

Now speaking of all these tires, does anyone know whats the biggest tire I could put on the rear of my 07 Rglide? 140/80/16 or will a150/80/16 fit w/o belt or fender issues?

Old 11-26-2008 | 11:50 PM
hot77vette
Tourer

Dunlap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-27-2008 | 02:43 PM
mickael moore
Cruiser

Ok I did a big look it up search all over the internet. I sorry, I don't like crow either, But I could not find a motorcycle tire made in The USA. That is SAD. But I will not by a tire made in any country that runs down the United States. If they don't like us, then we don't have to do business with them. We should all do our own home work. Yes this is hard for us to do at time. But I will not buy French or do business with any company that is own by the French, this includes TARGET.

Once A Marine, Always A Marine

Old 11-27-2008 | 03:49 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Rethy
I have ran all of the brands mentioned and until recently preferred the METZ 880. However the last Brazilian made is not going to get the mileage I am used to with the tires made in Germany. I will try the Dunlop E3 next time as I like to keep the Americans working but never liked the D402 on the rear. Fronts were okay but rear sucked. I like the looks of the tread pattern on the E3, it appears to be a good rain tire as well.----------Rethy
No E3's for the touring class of HD bikes yet... Not sure why not. Goldwing riders have been enjoying the heck out of 'em for a couple years now, and we still have limited options.

Old 11-27-2008 | 03:50 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

Avons

Old 11-27-2008 | 04:04 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by mickael moore
Ok But I will not buy French or do business with any company that is own by the French, this includes TARGET.

Yeah them damn French..... ahhhhhh I hate to bring you MORE BAD NEWS...... but Target, is owned by the DAYTON family of Minneapolis Minnesota.... and for the record? they give millions to AMERICAN charities....

and for the record.. that's Senator Mark Dayton... no... I don't work for Target...

sorry to have ruined a perfectly good rant, by injecting the truth..... carry on

Old 11-27-2008 | 04:05 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mickael moore
Ok I did a big look it up search all over the internet. I sorry, I don't like crow either, But I could not find a motorcycle tire made in The USA. That is SAD. But I will not by a tire made in any country that runs down the United States. If they don't like us, then we don't have to do business with them. We should all do our own home work. Yes this is hard for us to do at time. But I will not buy French or do business with any company that is own by the French, this includes TARGET.

? Dunlops are made in the U.S. Target is a Minneapolis based corporation. Get your your facts straight.

Old 11-27-2008 | 04:48 PM
dh2683
Supporter
Default Made In USA Dunlops

I thought I said that already like 10 or 12 posts ago. Dunlops are MADE IN USA at a Goodyear Dunlop plant in Buffalo NY.

Old 11-27-2008 | 04:52 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

I did add'l checking....... GOODYEAR owns 75% of Dunlop.... I was led to believe that was vice-versa......

"Made in America" does not always mean American owned.... withness the "Made in USA" logo, on many HONDA motorcycles built in the now defunct Marysville Ohio plant

Old 11-27-2008 | 06:14 PM
dh2683
Supporter

Originally Posted by skootchnc
I did add'l checking....... GOODYEAR owns 75% of Dunlop.... I was led to believe that was vice-versa......

"Made in America" does not always mean American owned.... withness the "Made in USA" logo, on many HONDA motorcycles built in the now defunct Marysville Ohio plant
You are right Made In America does not always mean American Owned.Like I said earlier I am more concerned abought Jobs for American workers.

I dont care who owns what. In a global economy we better worry more abought MADE IN THE USA & Jobs for Americans. Even if the Honda plant in OHIO is no longer making bikes,(i dont know that) when they put the made in USA label on your Honda they were employing Ohio workers just like Dunlop in Rochester NY employs American workers. I dont care who owns the Co. if they are paying American workers & providing a job.

Quick Reply: 1 more time - Metzler or Mitchelin