Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's not a freak'n wobble!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 05:46 PM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't stand any more, my head is "wobbling". I'm switching threads.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:49 PM
poppa cooter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a tank slapper once on an old honda when i was a kid it suuuuucckkkked. but one time i was getting an un easy feeling out of my 07 ultra and come to find out my belt was not very tight after i had the black tires installed. so i took it back they tightened the belt and it did make a huge difference. hope this helps.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:36 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RKTonyC
Last year my 04 FHLRSI began to give me some irregular handing, especially in the front. It was a slight wobble or wiggle in the front tire''' Anyway, thats my rant. And thanks to everyone here for all the experince and useable help!
Did any of the other forums suggest the (a) wheel bearing(s)? Did they discuss the means of adjusting the steering stem using the "fall away"? If you don't spend the few bucks for the shop manual for your bike, well, you should just spend the money.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:59 PM
BillyO
Road Captain
Default Bagger wobble

Wow, I have been missing the Harley total experience by NOT having a wobble.
I guess I'll get a brace.
Do I put it on my bike or my teeth ?

Old 12-07-2008, 10:35 PM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In a lot of cases worn out or soft rear shocks with any load at all will cause the bike to wobble in turns. The shocks are bottoming and/or topping out causing a slight change in rear end direction, causing a slight wobble, then you under steer or over steer to correct, and it becomes a fight in the corners.

Increase your shock air pressure to the max recommended, maintain the correct rear tire air pressure, usually 41 PSI for max load and the trick now is 41 in the front tire as well. Makes a big difference in handling, especially if you do a lot of mountain driving or curves.

I have the 13" Progressive 416 Air Shocks on my 08 UCSE3, makes a big difference in the handling, especially with a load.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com...ies/index.html

Old 12-08-2008, 12:51 AM
RKTonyC
Advanced

Originally Posted by glens
Did any of the other forums suggest the (a) wheel bearing(s)? Did they discuss the means of adjusting the steering stem using the "fall away"? If you don't spend the few bucks for the shop manual for your bike, well, you should just spend the money.
The wheel bearings were checked when the tires were changed, and are good. The fall away was right on the mark with the manual. And the money was spent for it years ago and gets used.

And since the tires were new, rims straight, as well as both front and rear newly balanced, pressured correct, the wheel bearings good, fall away correct, forks checked, you can see why I was asking for help. Get it?

Old 12-08-2008, 07:52 AM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

I was having a pretty serious "wobble" when I got to around 70 and it got really bad above 80 - it was almost as though my front tire was coming up off the road leaving virtually no traction - sorta like when you've got too much weight on the back. I was thinking about a brace but kept reading postings and decided to take it in and let the dealer look it over. They adjusted/greased (I'm not sure which) the head bearings and tightened the spokes, I rode it yesterday and it was perfect, even up to 100. I'm glad I didn't spend the money on a brace.