Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's not a freak'n wobble!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:18 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

We need a cleanup on aisle 3 please!

Old 11-21-2008, 03:22 PM
FLoTR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Pita, good post. L, I could feel the flex in my lowrider in aggressive, country road ridin. I now have a 09 roadglide and so far,,,,,,,,,,,,, no flex. But I am still kinda feelin her out. I think it only bothers the ones that think its gonna get'um one day.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:24 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Let's get back to the important stuff!

Should I change my oil now or wait till the spring?

Old 11-21-2008, 03:26 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

oh yeah, and to me the wobble kinda takes me back in the day, on my dirt bike. Those wobbles were way cool

Old 11-21-2008, 03:37 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ken thompson
NO, I didn't. I wont be the lease bit surprised if in about 12 months we start hearing about this weird cracked frame epidemic. Brace it up all you want. Something's gonna give.
If they were solid braces, I'd agree. I'm in no way trying to imply everyone else should get a brace, just saying that IF you have this issue, and want to fix it, then I recommend this because it works for me. Same way you might recommend some of the mods you've made to your ride - you wouldn't be trying to say that semis would be running you over without them, right? Bet you haven't cracked your frame with all that power, either!

Old 11-21-2008, 03:37 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Teachu2
Still waiting on an answer. I understand "wobble" has other meanings, so what is the correct term? Rear steer? Lateral Instability? Wallow? Faux Flat Fenomenon? Drivetrain-Induced Lateral Balance Misalignment?

Whatever you choose to call it - my '07 had it, it bothered me, I installed a Bagger Brace and the bike no longer exhibits that symptom.

Maybe the so-called stabilizer is really a secret Gremlin Repulsion Device - all it does is keep that gremlin from running back and forth under my bike and yanking stuff out of alignment. If you don't have a gremlin problem, you probably don't need a GRD.
if you have a gremlin problem, then all you need is one of those little bells

Old 11-21-2008, 03:40 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I think this is just a fad. Ya know like the hottest new toy for Christmas? Anyone interested in buying a Cabbage Patch Kid?

Old 11-21-2008, 03:54 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by soos
I think this is just a fad. Ya know like the hottest new toy for Christmas? Anyone interested in buying a Cabbage Patch Kid?
Yeah this fad is right up there with all those great 07 bikes. You know the year that several thousand of us screamed bloody murder and the MotorCo claimed no problem and yet they have come out with two fixes for the problem...

Old 11-21-2008, 03:54 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Teachu2
If they were solid braces, I'd agree. I'm in no way trying to imply everyone else should get a brace, just saying that IF you have this issue, and want to fix it, then I recommend this because it works for me. Same way you might recommend some of the mods you've made to your ride - you wouldn't be trying to say that semis would be running you over without them, right? Bet you haven't cracked your frame with all that power, either!
No cracks yet. Just bald tires.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:59 PM
flhf150
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I gotta say, I experienced the wobble one time doing 80 around a sweeping curve on the highway. Pa. roads are not the best. The highway has humps in the center of the lane and when I got into the dip was when I had the problem. An experienced rider will know how to stop it. Let off the throttle and the wobble went away. I would say a lot depends on the road and the speed. I ride the same highway every day to go to work and only had the problem one time.

Quick Reply: It's not a freak'n wobble!