Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's not a freak'n wobble!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 02:21 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

But yet you have plenty of members here telling you first hand they have experienced the problem. Believe us or don't believe us. Entirely up to you.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:33 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They also have plenty of members that need to do a ball check.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:33 PM
vindyl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Now can we get everybody off this i need IDS B.S. you do not need it.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:36 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by vindyl
Thank you Now can we get everybody off this i need IDS B.S. you do not need it.
IDS also solves a problem My bike sucked prior to installing it. Damn sounded like a can of rocks. Sorry.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:40 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still waiting on an answer. I understand "wobble" has other meanings, so what is the correct term? Rear steer? Lateral Instability? Wallow? Faux Flat Fenomenon? Drivetrain-Induced Lateral Balance Misalignment?

Whatever you choose to call it - my '07 had it, it bothered me, I installed a Bagger Brace and the bike no longer exhibits that symptom.

Maybe the so-called stabilizer is really a secret Gremlin Repulsion Device - all it does is keep that gremlin from running back and forth under my bike and yanking stuff out of alignment. If you don't have a gremlin problem, you probably don't need a GRD.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:46 PM
hdmunro
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harley wobble

weave? hell i don't even knit...

Old 11-21-2008, 02:52 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol. thank you captain obvious. none of us really took that wobble-hollerin' too serious. ooohhhhh my bike wobbles a little bit sometimes. big friggin deal. it's a two wheeled vehicle. its gonna wobble fer cripe sakes.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:54 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member

Before I read any threads about "wobble", when I bought my Heritage and took it on the freeway, I immediately noticed it was more stable at high speeds especially on the curves. My brother in law said the same thing. Later this year I read about it on these forums. I asked the salesman who sold me my bikes and he says it exists and as the bike gets older and the rubber mounts wear it gets more noticeable. He has over 100,000 miles riding experience on just about every make HD. He also said a lot of people replace the bushings with better quality ones. Now I've said this before, the "wobble", at least on my RK, is very minimal. It's not like I'm going to lose control and fall off the bike. I installed the Bagger Brace early this month but I never got to test it and my bikes are put away for the winter. Next spring, the first thing I'm doing is taking the RK on the freeway to test it out and I'll bet it's gone. I would also say that I don't have to have the brace. I had no problems riding the RK what so ever. You adjust to it.

Last edited by barjbar; 11-21-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:00 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ken thompson
lol. thank you captain obvious. none of us really took that wobble-hollerin' too serious. ooohhhhh my bike wobbles a little bit sometimes. big friggin deal. it's a two wheeled vehicle. its gonna wobble fer cripe sakes.
And when you bought it, it was slow - but it's a HD cruiser, they're SUPPOSED to be slow, fer cripe sakes! You didn't waste any money making it NOT slow, did ya? <grin>

Old 11-21-2008, 03:06 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Teachu2
And when you bought it, it was slow - but it's a HD cruiser, they're SUPPOSED to be slow, fer cripe sakes! You didn't waste any money making it NOT slow, did ya? <grin>
NO, I didn't. I wont be the lease bit surprised if in about 12 months we start hearing about this weird cracked frame epidemic. Brace it up all you want. Something's gonna give.

Quick Reply: It's not a freak'n wobble!