Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Center Stand

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What about an 09 lowered both front and rear? From what I see on your website you have stock height and rear lowered for 09s but lowered both front and rear only for 08 and earlier. My 09 Classic has the shorter air shocks in back and the lowering kit on the front end - H-D parts in both cases.

Thanks

Old 11-24-2008, 04:44 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am thinking about a Arnot air suspension with a Wheeldock center stand. Pull up drop the stand and hit the down button on the air ride. Should set down on the center stand. That way I can still drop it to back up. On my tippy toes now to back up this 09 UC. What ya think?

Old 11-24-2008, 04:49 PM
vrodb
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Taddeoeg
What about an 09 lowered both front and rear? From what I see on your website you have stock height and rear lowered for 09s but lowered both front and rear only for 08 and earlier. My 09 Classic has the shorter air shocks in back and the lowering kit on the front end - H-D parts in both cases.

Thanks
I have not had a chance to test this setup with the lowered version of my stand. The worst case is the bike will not drive off and will need to be pushed off. The upside is the bike will be more stable as more weight will be on the stand and less on the rear tire.

On the pre-09 models the lowered in the front and rear stand is only 3/16ths inch shorter than the one for the lowered in the rear only model. As the front is quite a bit further from the pivot point of my stand it effects the height of the stand much less than lowering the rear.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:04 PM
prestaino
Cruiser

Does the Wheeldock hang lower? and will it scrape when turning ?

Pat

Old 11-26-2008, 11:20 PM
oldbagr
Road Master

Originally Posted by FireAlan
I put the Wheeldock on last summer. I use it all the time and it is especially handy when loading the bags, but especially when washing the bike.

If you're going to lower the bike, I would wait to buy one. The Wheeldock site offers several choices for height.

The center stand is so easy to operate, easier than any Jap bike I ever had!
I put Wheeldock on my '08 Ultra and loved it (standard height). I just traded my '08 Ultra for an '09 which I took delivery of today and the first accessory I ordered is the Wheeldock for the '09 models. If you're not sure about future lowering of your bike you should wait until you know because, as stated by FireAlan, Wheeldock makes their stands in 3 different height levels. I will say, Wheeldock works as advertised; easy to install, and excellent quality plus great customer service. I ordered one for my '09 today.

Bob

Old 11-26-2008, 11:26 PM
prestaino
Cruiser
Default VwowV

Any one try the VwowV Center stand? appreciate any input...

Old 11-26-2008, 11:38 PM
oldbagr
Road Master

Also, the Wheeldock for '09 models is even easier to install as it has only one bolt! As for scraping during leans... if it does, it is because you are already on the ground! Another point to consider is that the '09 toruing frame gives you an additional 1 degree of lean angle, and after talking with Rod at Wheeldock, you still will not scrape the stand. This is a welded unit that is elegent in it's simplicity and is available for '09 models today.

Bob

Old 11-27-2008, 08:34 AM
tn_chopper_man
Road Captain

Would love to have a Wheeldock but have a bagger brace....I which their R&D would come up with something for use with this type of stabilizer.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:57 AM
jshoward
2nd Gear

Installed the Wheeldock last year on my 07 FLHTC. Easy install (5 mins) and is great for maint and winter storage. Would recommend over the more expensive HD model

Jeff
Sergeant Major Major
US Army Retired
07 FLHTC

Old 11-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Hawgnut
Tourer
Default pros and cons about Adjustables versus non?

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
The Wheel dock is about a 5 minute install.
How long does it takes you to screw on two nuts and tighten?

It is not adjustable though.
If I had to do it again, I would buy the adjustable HD one.

Wheel dock: $289
http://www.wheeldock.com/

HD: $329.95
HD part number: 91573-06
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Zanotti HD will sell it for $276, plus $19.79 S&H, for a total of $295.79
https://www.zanottimotor.com/
Texas just started thinking about a center stand for my 08EG and looking at the wheeldock didnt know about the adjustable one from HD are you having trouble with the the wheel dock IE:not hitting the ground properly or something like that? please Let me know so I can get the right one Thanks

Quick Reply: Best Center Stand