Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This *#%$^ brace was a waste of money!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:40 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This *#%$^ brace was a waste of money!

Just curious - has anyone here bought a stabilizer brace and NOT felt an improvement in the way their bike handled? Anyone even know someone who regrets the purchase?

Sorry, guys - I am totally happy with mine - just looking for ONE person who isn't!

Last edited by 2011 Road Glide Ultra; 11-20-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:52 PM
rkadair
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try take it off drive 70mph on the freeway wiggle the handle bars
Now reinstall the brace and try the same thing and come back and tell us what just happened

Old 11-20-2008, 08:04 PM
oldbagr
Road Master

Originally Posted by Teachu2
Just curious - has anyone here bought a stabilizer brace and NOT felt an improvement in the way their bike handled? Anyone even know someone who regrets the purchase?
The subject of your thread implies that you purchased a stabilizer that you are not pleased with; what stabilizer did you install on your bike and did it improve how your bike handles the sweeping turns at speed?

Bob

Old 11-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Dude, are you selling braces? If not you love to talk about them. I looked at some of your old post and you must have had a real problem with wobble. We got it you love your Bagger Brace.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:23 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope - I'm not selling anything. I have seen several posts from skeptics and just want to know - has anyone NOT felt an improvement?

Old 11-21-2008, 01:43 AM
16X9 Shooter
Cruiser

Had ride str8...worked well.
Put on Baker +1 pan, had to take off ride str8 and put on alloy art TXR. Works well also.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:32 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry, guys - I am totally happy with mine - just looking for ONE person who isn't!
<Snerk> Nice cast, & you caught a couple of mullets! Like you, I'm gettin' tired of the guys that have to question *every* thread about the improvement provided by a brace. But, they aren't gonna stop. Some people won't accept any amount of experience from others & are too cheap to see for themselves.

I remember a couple of guys that weren't happy with the increased vibration from the stiffer bushing solution, but even they had to admit the bike rode better. No, we aren't going to hear from anyone that *honestly* doesn't notice an improvement from adding a brace, but we're going to keep hearing from the doubting Thomas' that need their hands held.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:46 AM
blueride
Tourer
Smile To brace or not to brace?

I'm thinking about one for my 08 RG as I've felt some instability at highway speeds on long sweepers. Feels like the *** end of the bike is doing something different than the front.

Remember the thread about the "best add-ons to your bike"? Tons of replies, but only a few mentioned any kind of stabilizer. How do you explain this?

Old 11-21-2008, 07:48 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

Love mine worth every dollar spent.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:00 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by blueride
Remember the thread about the "best add-ons to your bike"? Tons of replies, but only a few mentioned any kind of stabilizer. How do you explain this?
Easy, not that many folks ride hard enough to feel a problem. And yes, there was someone a few months ago that said his new brace didn't fix his problem. He described his problem as wobbling in crosswinds and rain grooves. That is not the same wobble as the braces are designed to fix.

I just don't think that many folks feel a problem, I certainly don't and I ride plenty sporty for me. I"M SURE THERE IS A PROBLEM Teachu2, but just not enough for most riders feel and jump on the brace band wagon. I'm not throwing my money at something that I don't feel is broke. But I'm glad there is plethora of braces out there to choose from if and when I have the problem. Until then, I'm putting my money on a new rear tire.

Hey, have a great riding weekend.

Beary

Quick Reply: This *#%$^ brace was a waste of money!