Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger wobble-what's the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009 | 03:19 AM
Born2cure
Road Captain

I didn't know about it till I started researching it, I just contributed the wobble to road condition or wind. Now I feel it and know what it is, Ordering to biker brace this week.

Old 05-08-2009 | 06:16 AM
RobPic
Intermediate
Default why flame riders who are giving u a heads up???

And, you don`t have to be going 80mph. I was taking a slow left turn about 30-35 mph when all of a sudden..it felt like my rear tire steered to the right, almost dumping me and my wife..luckly I caught it..but pulled over to check..low tire pressure? rear axle loose? bearings in swing arm? everything seemed good????WTF...not a wobble at all...more like a rear steer, just slight, but there...feels like tire going flat..now that I know it`s there..counter it by keeping air shocks pumped up, and tire checked..not so bad..but will be putting on stabilizer...I know it will catch me off guard one day...oh yeah, seems worse with 2 up...be safe.

Old 05-08-2009 | 01:32 PM
bnelele
Advanced

Originally Posted by ezriderpgh
Save your money, the only place I ever heard of the mysterious wobble is on the forum. Besides, if there was a real concern the moco would of been forced to address it long ago.
Well then all I can say is that mysteriously I am sitting here recovering from a broken femur and a broken hip because of some non existant problem that isn't there because the moco won't address it. Yea, tell me about it.....I've experianced it first hand.

Old 05-08-2009 | 02:37 PM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RobPic
And, you don`t have to be going 80mph. I was taking a slow left turn about 30-35 mph when all of a sudden..it felt like my rear tire steered to the right, almost dumping me and my wife..luckly I caught it..but pulled over to check..low tire pressure? rear axle loose? bearings in swing arm? everything seemed good????WTF...not a wobble at all...more like a rear steer, just slight, but there...feels like tire going flat..now that I know it`s there..counter it by keeping air shocks pumped up, and tire checked..not so bad..but will be putting on stabilizer...I know it will catch me off guard one day...oh yeah, seems worse with 2 up...be safe.
This was the condition under which I experienced it. Same speed, 2 up. Has not happened in quite a while but then again I have incresed the psi in shocks.

Old 05-08-2009 | 03:12 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member

No more PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEE EEEEEE!