Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to wire heated gloves?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 01:18 PM
johnkn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to wire heated gloves?

I've never used any heated gear, getting ready to buy some Gerbing gloves if I can find them. I understand that my '09 SG has a plug under the seat, do the gloves come with a long cord? Do you run it from your beltline under your jacket, through the jacket sleeves to your hands? Where do you put the thermostat control? Thanks

Old 11-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the heated vest with it. You can wear the vest under your jacket. The vest plugs into the thermsotat then the gloves plug into it. Nice and cozy. They have connectors just like the battery tender leads.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:50 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

The gloves (vest, jacket liner whatever) all come with a pig tail that connects to your battery. Black to Ground, Red to positive... simple as can be... I have mine going up the slot my back rest goes through... I spent last winter with the end coming out of the front of the seat. Either way, I can tuck the pigtail out of sight when I'm not using it

for a20% discount check out http://www.grandprixmotorsports.com/default.asp

edited to add... you only need the ONE pig tail for the rider... I'd add a second, if i was going to carry a passenger, and she had electric gear

Old 11-19-2008, 01:55 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes the gloves come with a long cord also.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:31 PM
johnkn
Tourer

Thanks guys,,.,

Old 11-19-2008, 07:36 PM
HogBack
Road Master
Unhappy

John: After many years I finally gave in to electric, great choice. Like others, I have the pigtail wired to the battery and have it come out at the front of the seat. I use the Tourmaster vest and it plugs in at the lower left waist, the bad news it has a bulky temp controller. When I use the gloves, I plug the gloves into the battery pigtail, and then the vest into the extra connection on the gloves. Again the bad news is the wiring is bulky on the gloves... the temp controller is not bad on the gloves, the wires are a "jungle"... I just lay the wires on the tank and do not try to hide the fact I am riding electric....

Later

Hogback

Old 11-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suggest getting the jacket liner also and then the gloves will just plug into the connections in the jacket, qwik & easy. Then your upper body/neck/hands all stay nice & toasty.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:39 AM
Smiddyt
Cruiser

What about boots? I see jacket liners and gloves advertised but my last ride in 30 degree weather left me with blocks of ice where my feet are supposed to be. took 20 min in a hot shower to get the feeling back

Old 11-21-2008, 07:32 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Gerbing makes heated insoles now,no more socks,should be good,I will find out very soon.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:39 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

I use the Jacket liner and the Gloves best investment and has extended my riding season here in NY through the winter as long as the roads are dry we ride. I got advise from someone on the fourm and ran my lead up through were the back rest is, when not in use tuck it in and out of site works real nice.

Quick Reply: How to wire heated gloves?