Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J & S jack only one thing to say!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 06:46 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by johnkn
Would you jack it up for the other side and see how it works. I'm ready to pull the trigger on one, just wondered about approaching the bike from the left side with the jack. Thanks!
http://www.jsjacks.com/

Old 11-18-2008, 06:50 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
Yea 4 bills is steep for the jack but the jack is very sturdy. I just couldn't see jacking up that much money "20k" on a chinese jack. I wish I could see a pitbull in person. I bet they are a good jack as well.
Here is my PITBULL jack, I think it is a lil larger base

Old 11-18-2008, 08:40 PM
JohnE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default j&s jack

+1 best money i ever spent. i use it all the time to clean my sg and the wifes sporty. also change fluids. john

Old 11-18-2008, 10:07 PM
HarryDavidson
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have either, but the J+S actually looks better built than the pitbull, with gusseted wheel mounts, etc. Plus, at $300 less, it hurts a lot less to buy.

Harry

Old 11-18-2008, 10:28 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I would like to see one of these in person. Everybody raves about how great they are, but they don't look that different from the Sears jack, which I have used for three years now with no problems. Bought on sale for 79.95.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:35 PM
johnkn
Tourer

Originally Posted by HarryDavidson
Johnkn,

It's meant to jack up OFF the jiffy stand, so I'm not sure how you'd approach it from the left side. Or why you would want to for that matter. Go to J+S website and there's a video of the jack in action that will explain what I am saying. https://www.jsjacks.com

Harry
Yes, I understand its operation and have been to the site many times. When I asked them about left side operation, Cheryl replied that approaching from the left side shouldn't be a problem. Why would I want to? Lifting from the left side allows easier access to the right side on those occasions where it matters, the jack isn't in the way. Just wondering if anyone has lifted from that side and their comments.. thanks

BTW, I have one on the way.....

Last edited by johnkn; 11-18-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:58 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryDavidson
I don't have either, but the J+S actually looks better built than the pitbull, with gusseted wheel mounts, etc. Plus, at $300 less, it hurts a lot less to buy.

Harry
PROSPECT, like you stated you don't have neither "nuff said" plus there is nowhere near $300 price difference, both companies have websites do your math comes out to $80 difference. glad I don't trust your opinion.

Last edited by leohd; 11-18-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:59 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

I love my J&S Jack... I keep the SG on it when its not in use.

The Pitbull is a big azz jack. I looks really well built & lifts the bike up higher than the j&S.
That said, the J&S is exactly what I needed & it takes up less room.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:11 AM
courage
Intermediate

$400? Man... i got the sears jack for 80 bucks for the small jobs... and it is easy on space... but I also spent $350 on a bike lift from Harbor Freight.... It is a true lift. Yeah, it takes up space, but if I am gonna spend the money, I want the whole deal

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91764

To each their own.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:27 AM
HarryDavidson
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Leo,

Originally Posted by leohd
PROSPECT, like you stated you don't have neither "nuff said" plus there is nowhere near $300 price difference, both companies have websites do your math comes out to $80 difference. glad I don't trust your opinion.
Prospect? So now how many posts I have makes a difference in whether I can make an informed decision about a product? Get real, man.

BTW, I've been riding for 30 years, working on my own bikes, cars, jeeps, etc for most of that time, so I know my way around tools, including jacks. I've seen both jacks in person, and not having either (or intending to buy either), my judgement is not affected by a need to defend my decision on which I bought. BTW, my opinion isn't intended to say that you made a bad decision by buying a Pitbull, just that I feel the J+S is better built and a better value..

As for the price, you're right...the word less snuck in there.

Harry

Last edited by HarryDavidson; 11-19-2008 at 06:34 AM.

Quick Reply: J & S jack only one thing to say!!