Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's to cold for dynotune, WHAT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008 | 03:27 PM
jeg1
|
Tourer
Default It's to cold for dynotune, WHAT?

Stopped by the local dealer Saturday to set a date for stage one, sert and dynotune over the winter. Well they can't do that cause they are going out of business real soon, that's a shame cause they are a long established dealer and hate to see that happen to anyone. Called the dealer where I bought my bike to do the work,about a hundred miles away. They said I should wait till spring cause the cold weather can mess with the tune. That's a new one to me, are they going to dyno it in the parking lot,am I missing something. Talked to another dealer and they said you don't need a dyno tune with a stage one we can just put a caned map in it. I want the bike dynoed, I would like the throttle by wire sluggishness corrected which can be done with the super tuner.This should not be so difficult.

Old 11-17-2008 | 03:40 PM
rc9636
Cruiser

If you want to do a stage 1 and not have to do a dyno, get the power package from fuel moto. It's easy to install yourself, pipes sound awesome, and the power commander is pre-tuned where it will be as smooth as glass.

Best upgrade I've done in the last 40 years!

Old 11-17-2008 | 04:31 PM
blueflht
Road Warrior

i beleive what the dealer is saying the inside temp will be a large difference to the outside temp. therefore denser air may cause a lean condition. still should be able to compensate witht the puter on the dyno. with just a stage 1 dyno not neccassary unless you just want to see the numbers

Old 11-17-2008 | 04:31 PM
IndyRider
Road Captain

Most shops around here want it to be at least 50 degrees to dyno. Most dyno rooms are drawing air into the room from the outside with vents so the incoming air is going to be close to the outside air temp.

Old 11-17-2008 | 04:35 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member

wow a dealer that just didn't take your hard earned $$$$...i'm shocked...good for them

Old 11-17-2008 | 05:19 PM
craigcrewcheif
Tourer

I agree you don't need a Dyno tune if you buy a complete package from someone like Fuel Moto with a canned map but you also won't be getting the most you can from your setup. A good tuner can work wonders on your bike. If you find the right guy it's worth every penny.

Old 11-18-2008 | 04:30 PM
jdman
Intermediate

The dyno man got 9 hp and over 9 ft lbs of torque out of my EGS with the SERT stage 1 air breather and Rinehart TD's.Its enough to feel the difference not to mention the awsome sound it now has.

Old 11-19-2008 | 03:14 PM
hotpursuit
Road Captain

just an fyi power commander (at this time) can not adjust the fbw throttle. when the bike throttle is "wide open" it does not go there untill 2500rpm, then opens completely... with the hd S.E. pro tuner, you can tune that out of it giving you wide open when you go wide open....

Old 11-19-2008 | 05:52 PM
Gutman
Road Master

They have a no charge calibration to remedy that throttle plate issue. The reason the Supa Tuna work is because the maps and software has the correction installed. We heat the incoming air in the winter so we can Dyno Tune no matter what goes on outside. If the Dealer pulls the air from the interior, the shop gets cold fast. I think a Miwaukee dealer said it would suck out the pilot lights in their furnace next to the room. The MOCO used to pull it's air from the first floor at HD University. Bad thing is all the offices were on the first floor. After three Dyno's going all day, the Ladies were pissed. I told them we had a large furnace attcahed to the inlet ducting and warmed the air in the winter. Instructor told me they never thought of that, good idea. They do that now. (not because of me though).

Old 11-19-2008 | 06:12 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master

Originally Posted by Gutman
They have a no charge calibration to remedy that throttle plate issue. The reason the Supa Tuna work is because the maps and software has the correction installed. We heat the incoming air in the winter so we can Dyno Tune no matter what goes on outside. If the Dealer pulls the air from the interior, the shop gets cold fast. I think a Miwaukee dealer said it would suck out the pilot lights in their furnace next to the room. The MOCO used to pull it's air from the first floor at HD University. Bad thing is all the offices were on the first floor. After three Dyno's going all day, the Ladies were pissed. I told them we had a large furnace attcahed to the inlet ducting and warmed the air in the winter. Instructor told me they never thought of that, good idea. They do that now. (not because of me though).
Very educational, I think I will use fuelmoto's canned map till spring then have it dynoed.

Quick Reply: It's to cold for dynotune, WHAT?