Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only November!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:59 AM
TexasSG
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I grew up in Pee-Yeah, got tired of all that snow/slush/wet/salty/rusty/state income tax/etc so I moved
Rode to work this am as a matter of fact
Rode Saturday & Sunday too, finally got a chance to wring it out now that I did the 1k service, triple digits and hadn't even hit 6th yet, wasn't even breathing that hard

Old 11-17-2008, 10:13 AM
thekidnkaren
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a suit made by Refridgawear, Not too bulky, used for ice fishing. Been in wind chills of -60 and never got cold. Worked awesome, then moved to Fla and gave it away! Good Luck

Old 11-17-2008, 10:40 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts
Old 11-17-2008, 10:57 AM
badblue
Cruiser

Just suck it up and ride. Week before last bank sign said 28 degrees when I rode by on my way to work (chaps, jacket, gloves, and no face covering).

Old 11-17-2008, 11:11 AM
mrsnipy
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I hear ya not only cold sunday but windy enough to blow me off the road here in NE PA. according to my wife im sufferinfg from PMS parked motorcycle syndrom. God I hate winter......
Bob

Old 11-17-2008, 11:17 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm headed out right now, and it's warmed up to 38 degrees. Fleece long johns, wool socks, high slip on boots, fleece Under Armor Long sleeve top, Long Tee waffle long john mat'l, heated vest, balaclava for head and neck, long sleeve wind proof jacket, leather chaps, leather jacket, full face helmet. And make sure you take that whiz before you get all dressed to ride, cause it's a pain after..... I'm off for one of the last rides of the year. Pretty good though, middle of November and still riding strong in Montana.....

Old 11-17-2008, 11:19 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by badblue
Just suck it up and ride. Week before last bank sign said 28 degrees when I rode by on my way to work (chaps, jacket, gloves, and no face covering).
Good way to get frost bite if you go very far in those temps. Put something over your face to block the wind, it makes all the difference in the world. Keep riding safe....

Old 11-17-2008, 12:21 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Two words.....heated gear.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:05 PM
KBrown53
Road Captain

good pointer from everyone...

I am in Ohio and it came on quick here too..... too quick. I am not ready for this!

Old 11-17-2008, 06:41 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Gerbing's ROCK! Nothing better than riding on a clear blue cold day with a smile on your face. BTW, they have a lifetime guarantee that is bulletproof.

They just moved their operation to Olympia so they are only an hour away from me. Think I might ride up there to take a look at their discount room. I already have a full set heat to toe but I may look at some of their G3 gloves. I have the standard gloves and they are a bit bulky for my liking.

If you ride in the Winter, Gerbing's is a no brainer.

Quick Reply: Only November!!