Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XIED questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:11 PM
harleyrobert4
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XIED questions

I am currently running rush 2.0 and want to install a stage 1 A/C. Instead of purchasing a aftermarket fuel management system such as PC111, sert ect., could I use the XIED with just the slip-ons and A/C without the bike running too lean or should I just pay the extras for a fuel managment system? No, as of right now, i do not intend to make any more engine upgrades. Will adding the A/C with the slip-ons & XIED give my bike any performance improvement?

Old 11-16-2008, 09:33 PM
monzaman
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a pair of the Xieds on my 08 road glide with great results. Bike had the stage 1 air cleaner and slip ons at the time. Worked very well. Ran cooler than stock with better throttle response. Did lose 2 to 3 mpg. so keep that in mind.
I have since moved on to more mods and have my Xieds laying around if anybody needs a pair PM me.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:24 PM
REALBOB
Advanced

I would say absolutely. The freerer flowing A/C & aftermarket slip-ons will not make your bike run too lean with the XIED's; the XIED's will give you additional improvements in performance and alow the exgine to run cooler. You're ganna lose 3 -5 mph's. The improvements out weighed the mileage loss to me; otherwise I couldn't ride this "furnace on wheels" in summer traffic.
08 FLHCTU

Old 11-17-2008, 03:35 AM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,307 Likes on 11,391 Posts

XIED's on my '08 RG with Rush 2" slip-ons, along
with SE Heavy Duty breather.....

Cooler running motor, better throttle response,
and contrary to most my fuel mileage didn't take a hit...
am still getting 44 to 46 mpg riding 2-up at above
the posted speed limits.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:58 AM
ms3300
Road Captain

I would not. The Xied's were not designed for this purpose, and will not be able to adapt to the increased air flow. Your already spending money on the slip ons and the A/C, go ahead and do it right. May cost a little more money, but you will have peace of mind. For the record I am running a stock 08 EGc and installed Xieds last week. I like them, bike is running better but I wouldn't say cooler. Do a search of the forums for this topic, it has been discussed numerous times.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:06 AM
keithj
Intermediate

i like my xieds bike runs great rush 1 1/2 with the glass removed ... i think if it where me and i was changeing the intake i would go with something adjustable on the fuel managment ... the xieds work great but they only get you to 13.8 if you give it more air by changeing the intake it may lean back out again ...just my 2 cent worth

Old 11-17-2008, 06:11 AM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

You might want to talk to nightrider.com about the VIED's. According to their website it is designed for bikes with upgraded exhaust and/or air. Might check into that myself since I am considering an a/c upgrade to go with my modified stock mufflers.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:20 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keithj
i like my xieds bike runs great rush 1 1/2 with the glass removed ... i think if it where me and i was changeing the intake i would go with something adjustable on the fuel managment ... the xieds work great but they only get you to 13.8 if you give it more air by changeing the intake it may lean back out again ...just my 2 cent worth
+1 I used the 02IED on mine but I kept the stock mufflers and intake. It worked great for that. the 02IEDs aren't as rich as the XIEDs but if you change the intake and mufflers you need something that tunes it better. The XIEDs are non-adjustable.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:15 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

I wrote nightrider.com and asked them if their Vied's are indicated and would do the job if I went with slip ons and stage 1 air intake. Their website says they are the way to go. I will post their response.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Dr. Combustion
Cruiser

If you decide that Xieds are the way you want to go, then send me a PM. A friend gave me his when he sold his bike, but they will not work on mine (09 Touring). I'll let them go CHEAP! Thanks.

Quick Reply: XIED questions