Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Travel bags

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:05 PM
ucommbxny
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Travel bags

who uses sissybar travel bags, what type leather or nylon cordora, how well do they mount to the wide passenger backrest used on most touring models, and who made them

Old 11-16-2008, 10:13 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain

I have used a riggpac ( http://www.nelsonrigg.com/pages/Crui...950-Big.htmfor ) a couple of years, even in poring rain no leaks, plenty of room. I even use it for a suit case when traveling for work

Old 11-17-2008, 05:57 PM
slick10
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My OL and I each have the Route 66 made by T-Bags. Absolutely no complaints on their quality. http://www.tbags.com/detail.aspx?ID=12&SelectedCat=4

Old 11-17-2008, 06:09 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm looking for one too so I'm interested in the replies. Waterproof is a necessity though I think for the money. Need something for a few days worth of cloths. Looking at the T-Bags etc.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:48 PM
jferna
Cruiser

Go to the Harley Davidson website and check out P/N 94734-09 in the luggage section. They fit the HD quick detach passenger backrest and luggage rack and the attaching system snugs down tightly and it only takes seconds in secure and unsecure. Plenty of room in both bags, the smaller one can be used as a drink cooler (a liner is provided for ice). THey've been used in the driving rain more than once and all my contents stayed dry. They are made by a company called SAC and they stand behind their products 100%, but I haven't ever had any problems with them. I am really pleased with them. By the way, I paid way less than MSRP for them which made me even happier.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:50 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jferna
Go to the Harley Davidson website and check out P/N 94734-09 in the luggage section. They fit the HD quick detach passenger backrest and luggage rack and the attaching system snugs down tightly and it only takes seconds in secure and unsecure. Plenty of room in both bags, the smaller one can be used as a drink cooler (a liner is provided for ice). THey've been used in the driving rain more than once and all my contents stayed dry. They are made by a company called SAC and they stand behind their products 100%, but I haven't ever had any problems with them. I am really pleased with them. By the way, I paid way less than MSRP for them which made me even happier.
where?

Old 11-17-2008, 08:39 PM
pxs130
Cruiser

I use a T-Bag. Can't remember the model, but it's expandable and has plenty of room for a week's worth of cothes. No leaks, mounts easily and is sturdy. No complaints at all. I rode through rain and had no leaks, but I always keep a garbage bag and a bungee just in case.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:01 PM
jferna
Cruiser

Saturday Night Special - When I bought mine, I got them through M and M Cycles (https://www.mandmcycles.com). I just did a check on Zanotti (http://www.zanottimotor.com/) and Suburban (http://www.suburbanharley.com/) and they cost even less. You may pay shipping but with the lower price it's still better than MSRP and local taxes at the dealer, unless they are on sale. Shop around - plug the P/N in a search engine. Good Luck !

Old 11-17-2008, 09:29 PM
krusr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a good quality nylon cordora duffel bag you can pick up at a good sporting good store is what I use if it all won't fit in the saddlebags. Bought a mini quick release rack and was able to carry everything I needed for a two week+ trip to Sturgis including leathers and spare shoes, ect.

Krusr

Old 11-18-2008, 12:22 AM
ucommbxny
Road Master

thanks for the replies and suggestions

Quick Reply: Travel bags