Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Travel bags

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:33 PM
deker9
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pop Pop the rain cover on my bag is tightened by the elastic in two spots on the cover. The wind whip damage on the rain cover is still there. Not saying it isn't a great bag, because it is.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We use a T-Bag Universal Expandable. It has a built in pocket with a rain cover, d-rings all over it for bungee cording extra stuff, comes with a duffel sack and net strap for mounting it on top of the main bag. Fits the medium height HD back rest perfect. My only complaint is it expands so big that if you dont pack it full it wont keep its shape because it hyas no plastic inserts. But we got enough clothes in there for 2 people on a five day trip, including her friggin make-up. Its a long haul bag for sure.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Kbore
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a Nelson RIgg RiggPaks CTB-950 King Tourer and I hated it. It wouldn't stay on the round, curved, contoured stock non-removable Road King back rest. I called it "Frankenstein" and thought it had a lot of giz and show but was only marginally functional IMHO and a huge PIA to get strapped down and then removed.

Mainly, with the stock RK round curved backrest, it wouldn't stay put very well without a lot of rigging (nelson-RIGG) and strapping, and the countor of the the back rest caused the pack to loose inside space when it was tightened into place. Geez, it straps and buckles and straps and connectors and velcro straps and latches....giving me a headache... I must say though, if the backrest is square and not round AND curved, it would have worked a lot better. Just my experence.....

Old 12-14-2008, 12:23 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my first canvas bag made at a canvas shop when i was in 8th grade. I went back to the same shop 20 yrs later to get another 1 made and gave him the first 1 and told him that i used it everyday for school and everyday for work after that. That bag made it in every type of weather, flying in planes and helicopters and rode a few trains and boat taxis around the world. It even fell off a rig in the Gulf of Mexico and washed off a supply boat in the Atlantic and my clothes never got wet and zipper never broke .
You can get them made any shape,size, and color. they are flexible soft sided which will no appeal to many but for the prices i see on the pretty stuff i will stick to the canvas bags. I still use the 2nd one i had made everyday.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:51 AM
reefrider
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Been using Dowco Iron Rider bags for almost 2 years now. Great price -vs- quality. Mix and match style of bags and they tether together with d-rings and velcro straps. Snug fitting rain covers. We have 2 main bags for going 2-up for a week but can do a weekend easily in one.
RR
http://motorcycle.motorcycle-superst...=and&view=grid

Old 12-14-2008, 06:58 AM
IslandGlide
Cruiser

I use a Kury GranTour and liked it. Good waterproof cover, lots of pockets and rings, good zippers and a nice slide cable lock.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:21 AM
cfmii11
Road Master

If you want waterproof, look at Road Ready bags:
www.roadready.com

Charlie