Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Travel bags

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 11:47 AM
BCguy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the SAC bags and found them to be very well made and very easy to mount and remove. Get the model for your particular back rest and it fits like a glove. Got caught in lots of rain last summer and no leakage though I do carry the trusty old garb bags, just in case.

http://www.coolsac.com/ProductGroup....y_code=LUGGAGE

Old 11-18-2008, 11:52 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have use T-bag, but had zipper problems. Just use the Tour Pak now.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:34 PM
KBrown53
Road Captain

Agree with BCguy. I have a coolsac. Great products and service. They stand behind their products. If you ever change your bike and need the bag modified to fit the new bike or changed setup on your bike they cover it free.

http://www.coolsac.com/

Old 11-19-2008, 06:19 AM
sportsterleroy
Cruiser

I have a set of Sac bags that hold enough clothes for over a week b4 needing a laundrymat. Lifttime warrenty and have "D" clips to attach a sec bag too. Check ebay .

Also use a set of lidhaulers with lid sack on top of my saddlebags to store rain/jacket in one side and the other holds tent/sleepingbag.

Leroy

Old 11-20-2008, 05:30 AM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like my Nelson Riggs CTB or CBT(cant remember the letters) 950. Its big and roomy and quite waterproof. We have packed 3 days worth of clothing x2. When traveling we put the included rain cover over it for added protection. Secures to the sissybar with added attached luggage rack quite nicely.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Bingee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 223 Posts

Tour Master makes this sissy bar bag that gloves over the seat backrest and ties to the sissy bar rack. My wife and I can pack enough stuff for two weeks of travel. The bag slips off the bike in a minute and has a lift out handle for wheeling around. It includes a rain cover. I've had a lot of bags. But, this is the best one for travel.
http://www.cortechperformance.com/xc...tid=135&cat=16

Old 12-13-2008, 03:44 PM
deker9
Cruiser

I used a T-Bags Super-T with top roll on a trip from New York to California back in October. It had more than enough space in it, in fact I think I over packed. This combined with saddle bags held an enormous amount of gear.

I found the T-Bag pretty onerous to attach and remove from the bike because of all the straps needed. It is really secure however and fits on the backrest of my RKC with wide back pad very well.

In hind site I think I would just get a Dry Bag Duffel bag and a few lash straps. This could easily be strapped to the backrest securely with two lash straps which would be easier to put on the bike.

The T-bag water rain cover, well tested on my trip, works well. However it is pretty wind damaged after two days of riding in the rain. I cant imagine it making it more than 10 days in the rain during its life time.

I did ride in the rain without the rain cover, big mistake, everything in the bag had to be dried out.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:25 PM
mlg911
Cruiser

Yes that's for the information. I too need to buy a bag of sorts. we're planning on riding to Kentucky in June.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

T-Bags makes quality products that are on the spendy side. Tourmaster makes great products at about half the price. Any brand that comes without a rain cover can be made water tight with a garbage bag. Not quite as pretty but just as dry. Almost all of the backrest bags come adjustable for width and height of the backrest. Just name your poison.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Pop Pop
Cruiser

I've used T-Bags, HD brand, and SAC. T-bags definately outperforms them all. Good people who stand behind their products as well. I've used them since the mid 90's and traveled for thousands of miles with absolutely no problem. Early models didn't have the rain cover. Just packed clothes in freezer zip bags/squeezing the air out, then stack them in tightly. Newest models have a rain cover. Put it on tight and you'll not have wind whip damage or any other problems. Highly recommend from personal experience. Not cheap, but the owners are riders too.

Quick Reply: Travel bags