Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger Brace? Please explain

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 08:51 PM
JonGolden
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Bagger Brace? Please explain

Ok...I see all of these posts for a bagger brace that is supposed to reduce the "wobble" but when I ride my 08 Road Glide, I never notice a wobble.

Can someone please tell me the benefit of this part? I am all for safety, but I am wanting to find someone to explain what my bike will feel like after I install this part. I have never saw a post saying "don't waste your money" and everything has always said "great product." I am just wanting someone to explain to me, preferably one who purchased and installed one, the benefits of the product.

Also, if I get the parts, how difficult is it to install. And what tools, lifts, are needed.

Thanks, and ride safe!

Old 11-16-2008, 09:10 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. If you aren't feeling any wobble in high speed sweepers and you are happy with the stability of your ride, don't worry about it. Ride it and enjoy.

If you do feel the need to tighten it up a bit, I am sure any one of the aftermarket stabilizers will help you out.

They are not hard to install if you are used to doing any wrenching at all. It took me longer to read and fully understand the directions than it did to install mine.

Dennis