Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FuelMoto: How about a PCV update?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 06:56 PM
OldDog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FuelMoto: How about a PCV update?

How 'bout it Jamie. Some of us 09rs have lean engines and a little money left. If the PCV isn't ready soon, all of my money will have gone to beer and ammo. (or maybe confiscated by wife).

Old 11-14-2008, 07:04 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Jamie has posted numerous times the last few days, 3-5 weeks

Old 11-14-2008, 07:08 PM
OldDog
Cruiser

Thx brihvac. I read this thing everyday, but haven't seen any update on a time estimate. Do you have any info?

Old 11-14-2008, 07:41 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior

Jamie said he has not gotten a PC V yet. Here is some info from Dynojet's website, incase you have not seen it.
http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...formation.aspx

Old 11-14-2008, 08:46 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Man I'm torn now that I hear any such modification will completely void my warranty from MOCO. I paid for 7 years worth of warranty. maybe I won't do the A/C and PC-V after all.
maybe the bike will run lean with mufflers alone, but I''ll still have a warranty.. Wish I knew this all before I decided on HD.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:04 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Saturday Night Special
Man I'm torn now that I hear any such modification will completely void my warranty from MOCO. I paid for 7 years worth of warranty. maybe I won't do the A/C and PC-V after all.
maybe the bike will run lean with mufflers alone, but I''ll still have a warranty.. Wish I knew this all before I decided on HD.
They always say that. With the PC just disconnect it, slip the stock mufflers back on. they have to prove that the mods caused the problem. I wouldnt worry about it.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:09 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by brihvac
They always say that. With the PC just disconnect it, slip the stock mufflers back on. they have to prove that the mods caused the problem. I wouldnt worry about it.
Not what I'm hearing if you read other threads. MOCO can tell you modified the EFI and is saying that it voids warranty.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:19 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Saturday Night Special
Not what I'm hearing if you read other threads. MOCO can tell you modified the EFI and is saying that it voids warranty.
The dealers install this stuff also. Its also illegal for them to void your warranty. I think its called the Mangneson Moss Act. How can they tell you you modified EFI? The Power Commander just plugs in. Just unplug it and put the wires back on your O2 sensors

Old 11-14-2008, 10:01 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

You'd be advised to read this entire thread. Apparently MOCO can easily tell as markers are left behind that identify a modification was made. Hearing that MOCO is voiding warranties. I am not taking a chance on this. I will not be making an EFI modification now.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/293779-hd-service-centers-voiding-warranties.html

Old 11-15-2008, 02:13 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If a warranty is important to you.... AND (and that is a BIG and) the MOCO is cracking down, then yes, maybe you may wish to pass on ECM enhancements.

GM went this route (until then was teeny bit mod friendly) earlier this year. The problem with GM doing this is... any used Corvette MAY have altered calibrations and voided warranty and a prospective buyer could think, based upon mileage alone, that he/she is buying a vehicle with warranty intact.

That being said... someone will have to show me that a Power Commander, etc. will leave telltale left behinds. ALL automotive type ECM enhancements are done by reprogramming the actual ECM, and people try to put them back to stock... can't do that as tells are left inside the ECM.

A device that is a separate enhancer????? Makes me wonder, right now, why the ECM on 09's are different and why one cannot run a simple XIED?

I am not going to do any program enhancements until this is all hashed out. But, at the same time... I am not ruling it out completely, because any true answers haven't been determined like it ended up being with Vettes.

Why would this issue, though, make you regret purchasing a HD? Really? To you, doesn't it run well enough for you? You CAN do slip-ons and get a better sound without fuel enhancements, you know. Just curious why this is a 'deal breaker' against HD?

Me, if I wanted to keep warranty intact... I also have an 09... why isn't the slip-on route good enough?

Quick Reply: FuelMoto: How about a PCV update?