Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FuelMoto: How about a PCV update?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 07:16 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Most dealers I've had service done at like to look the other way regarding PCs

They understand, know them and many run them on their bikes.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:42 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am (and can be) happy with "slip on's" alone but if you read some of the other threads, guys are telling me that my Monster Ovals are likely making my bike run even leaner and could cause the engine to fail due to being overly lean. If I find this is really true (maybe Jamie will chime in) I may pull my Monster Ovals off the bike and sell them as used and reinstall my factory mufflers back on. Or another option is to have the dealer "reflash" the ECM back to factory settings so it will be no leaner then a factory bike. That may be the answer (for me anyway.) Factory Lean I can live with, if MOCO can.

Yea, the warranty is important to me. After all, I paid $1500 for it and have seven years of HD full warranty. I think I want to keep that. warranty was abig part of my buying decision, especially on a new HD.

Last edited by RODEO; 11-15-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:17 AM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Saturday Night Special
I am (and can be) happy with "slip on's" alone but if you read some of the other threads, guys are telling me that my Monster Ovals are likely making my bike run even leaner and could cause the engine to fail due to being overly lean. If I find this is really true (maybe Jamie will chime in) I may pull my Monster Ovals off the bike and sell them as used and reinstall my factory mufflers back on. Or another option is to have the dealer "reflash" the ECM back to factory settings so it will be no leaner then a factory bike. That may be the answer (for me anyway.) Factory Lean I can live with, if MOCO can.

Yea, the warranty is important to me. After all, I paid $1500 for it and have seven years of HD full warranty. I think I want to keep that. warranty was abig part of my buying decision, especially on a new HD.
If what you are saying about the warranty is true....then you already voided yours with the slip ons. Thats a modification.