Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

License plate relocator from softbrake

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:34 AM
FX4 Level II
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default License plate relocator from softbrake

Has anyone ordered the plate relocation kit from softbrake that moved the license plate below the rear taillite? I have a 2002 FLHTC and just ordered one for $40.00 vs. teh Harley one taht is $250. Just wondering how it fits/looks. Thanks

Old 11-14-2008, 10:35 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I have one on my fatboy. Love it. See sig...

Old 11-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Here ya go-

Old 11-14-2008, 11:57 AM
FX4 Level II
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys.
Neckball, that is the same rear setup I have so I just wanted to make sure it worked since it was soo cheap compared to HD! Looks good! Exactly what I was looking for!

Old 11-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I purchased mine through J&P. The catalog says is doesn't fit the Road King. But all it took was a little work with a rat tail file to elongate the two mounting holes. I have no idea why the mounting holes in the rear fender for all the Touring bikes are not the same, makes no sense to me. But as you can see, it fits pretty well.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought one....once I got it on I liked it ok. I ordered it directly from softbrake. Tried to get it from their website, problems there so I phoned them. They charged me $15 to ship it UPS. The package must have weighed a half-pound, about half the size of a cigar box. Way too much for shipping! When I got it, it looked like it was one someone was training on. It had an extra hole drilled in it (wrong location), so they just drilled another hole in it. I figured that once my plate was on it no one would see the extra hole. Its just one of those quality things, stuff ought to be done right. Would I buy from them again? Na, maybe from J&P or some one else. They probably get the good stuff. Do I complain too much?

Old 12-13-2008, 12:03 PM
roadroids
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've looked at the softbrake under light bracket too. They say the buyer is responsible for lighting the plate. How have ya'll solved that problem. I have not seen a taillight that shines the light down on the plate.
BTW, I have purchased an extended brake lever and shift lever from them and the quality has been great. Sorry to hear that they sent out some low quality stuff.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't done anything (yet) to light the plate. Some folks have replaced their tail light lens with a bottom plate light window in lieu of the top one. I have looked for one but haven't found one yet. Kuryakyn offers small led lights that mount on the plate mounting bolts. That might be one suitable alternative.
Jim

Old 12-15-2008, 10:35 PM
roadroids
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked for a lens that has a light that lights the plate below the light and I have not had luck finding one either. Let me know if you find one.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

It's been a while, but J&P had a replacement HD tail light lense with the clear on the bottom--$25 IIRC.

Quick Reply: License plate relocator from softbrake