Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metalarts air horns???

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:45 AM
dklanecky
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what it's worth, i got an e-mail this morning from metalArts offeringa $30 discount (down from $240 to $210) foir their short trumpet horns. "very limited quantites" it said, and the web site supports the price reduction on the short trumpets which are the ones suggested for the touring bikes.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:20 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Old Man
Been looking for a air horn for the Glide and I have seen this one in a Mag. Like it very much as it wires in directly to the wires for the stock horn with no add on relays etc. . Does any body have any one or seen one used etc..........
Heres the web sight.
http://www.metalartsinc.com/motorcyc...accesories.htm
I have the MetalArts air horn. Works fantastic for me so fat. Took about 5 minutes to install.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:42 AM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

I bought a Stebel Nautilus(Italy) for $50 off ebay, looks the same as WOLO? Maybe it is? Very loud and it mounted fine between the cylinders in stock location, had to drill out one hole bigger on stock horn bracket. They come with a relay which fits exactly in a rubber relay hole under the seat on 07 touring bike. I used heavier wires and 20 amp fuse from Autozone. It said specifically in the instructions DO NOT USE STOCK HORN WIRES as your horn button will fry. It's 2 piece where the chrome parts go onto the compressor, i found out when it started to make a little gay sounding toot toot one day. It had come apart where they used some sort of substandard black glue. I used clear RTV silicone on it and it's still working fine.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:28 AM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

I ordered the Metalarts horns yesterday, before I saw this thread. I think they'll compliment the looks of my bike, and I'm sure they'll improve my ability to get the attention of errant drivers. I'm a little concerned about the year that it took another poster in this thread to get a repair done, but hopefully, all will work out fine.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:11 AM
jjohnson77536
Cruiser

Good Info Guys! I like the ease of install on the metal arts... I wonder why you dont need a relay for it?

Old 10-04-2009, 10:50 AM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's an update. I did get the Metal Arts horn and am very pleased with it. Not sure why it doesn't require hooking up a relay, but it is definitely loud.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:08 AM
NJMadDog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TERRY1956
Well it took a year but Metal Arts finally sent me my horn back came by UPS today.

Man I almost went and ordered a set of these but seeing how horrible the customer service is I will give them a big fat pass! I am so grateful for this forum and search function. At times this place costs me a lot of money by giving me ideas but times like this it saved me money and a potential head ache!

Old 01-11-2010, 09:20 AM
beerguz
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by NJMadDog
Man I almost went and ordered a set of these but seeing how horrible the customer service is I will give them a big fat pass! I am so grateful for this forum and search function. At times this place costs me a lot of money by giving me ideas but times like this it saved me money and a potential head ache!
Yup, those horns are expensive, don't think they should be breaking for that much coin.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:50 AM
BugBYter
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 01-11-2010, 11:58 AM
oscarg
Road Captain

Originally Posted by The Old Man
Been looking for a air horn for the Glide and I have seen this one in a Mag. Like it very much as it wires in directly to the wires for the stock horn with no add on relays etc. . Does any body have any one or seen one used etc..........
Heres the web sight.
http://www.metalartsinc.com/motorcyc...accesories.htm
I have a new mag cow bell I would sell for 75.00 plus shipping if anyone is interested I decided to put on a fen there instead

Quick Reply: Metalarts air horns???