Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower Fairing Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:15 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you pop your door cover off, you'll see the flat part that the cover seals to, I used as much of this as I could for the mounting surface of my plate and removed the plastic that was in the way till it sat flat all the way around, (middle part of the flat on top was removed to clear the magnet but I left a flat step on both sides of the top as a support) the bottom two holes are on the flat with the bottom outside one used as the start point, (didn't redrill this one) the inside bottom was redrilled, the top outside one is a totally new hole in the glovebox (worked great) and the inside top one is bolted only to the metal plate which is bolted down pretty solidly. On the inside top of the plate I left enough metal that I could bend it down to form a support against the glove box it's on there solid! with the cover on it looks pretty good considering the shape my outer covering was in, a staple gun with 5/16 staples work great.

I'll try and get some pictures when I pull them off to recover them! I had bought a new set that the harley shop thought had the ultra style doors on them (THEY DIDN"T) I had already bought the lower's speaker kit from Pez, so I sold the new ones and Modded the old ones! Worked out great! Maybe took me about 3 1/2 hours to do the mod.

Originally Posted by 1FLTRI4ME
I did not pull the mat'l off to see the shape of the surface underneath.I can tell it was not flat.How did you get your mount on flush?
The way you did it sounds like it works.Maybe another way would be to cut some plastic and glue it on or something to get the flat surface.
Your pics would be very useful!

Last edited by gilbos440rt; 11-13-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sprint I have them, BUT they are to mount 6X9's and I do not really think they will be what you are looking for. They are popular in Cali, but thats in Cali. Are you needing the lowers, or just need to modify some you have?

Harry blue gets no kickbacks, he is just a good friend and letting people know there maybe another not so well known choice, thats all. Why is it you defended yourself when no one said anything of you being a poser? No need to attack someone trying to help a small bussiness out.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:47 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I also will be waiting to see the pics of those speakers mounted in the RG lowers.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:07 AM
drbillk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Solution?

Originally Posted by HarryDavidson
Blue, I know you're invested in your choice, but it gets a little old seeing you post on every single thread about Arc and Firecap.

Harry
Hmmmm... could just stop opening threads about stereo upgrades?

Old 11-14-2008, 06:41 AM
HarryDavidson
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Firecap,

I wasn't suggesting anyone said I was a poser, I was suggesting that posers sit in the parking lot blasting their stereos. As for Blue, it just appears that there can't be a post on this foum with the word sound in it that he doesn't push your stuff. You put together some nice systems, they'll sell themselves without Blue's hardsell.

Harry

Old 11-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Im currently working on the molds for a Roadglide's fairing lowers speaker mount. Mount will bolt in taking the place of glove box's. Will hold 6.5" speaker and roughly measures 8" down from top of lower, clearing plastic snap in vents, mounted in the forward leading most edge of the lower. Guess on price, $225 rough finish, $325 ready for paint. Contact: kevinandalisha@netzero.com or 205 948 6481

Old 01-02-2009, 08:05 AM
shredsurf
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sincecrazy
Im currently working on the molds for a Roadglide's fairing lowers speaker mount. Mount will bolt in taking the place of glove box's. Will hold 6.5" speaker and roughly measures 8" down from top of lower, clearing plastic snap in vents, mounted in the forward leading most edge of the lower. Guess on price, $225 rough finish, $325 ready for paint. Contact: kevinandalisha@netzero.com or 205 948 6481
I can't believe HD dosen't make a simple glove box insert for the RG models?

Kevin, count me in for a pair of your speaker mounts!

Old 01-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts