Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boy did I get hosed tonight!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:30 PM
LH
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ezriderpgh
Fight that citation! No way it will stick because the cop didn't see a damn thing. I don't know if you know this or not, but the party that gets the ticket is always found at fault by the insurance co., even your own. You were stopped when hit, that makes it the other drivers fault, period. You might want to get hold of the car dealer also as your witness. I would of told that cop to go have another donut, what a jerkoff.
You should consider doing something else other than giving legal advise ..... cause you're not very good at it.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer but glad to hear you and the Mrs. are okay. You're right -- they are among us!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:32 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member

Glad you're both okay, the bike can be fixed, and yes, take the ticket to court and see if the judge will understand the situation. I wonder if the LEO HAD to issue the ticket due to the circumstances...I don't know......

Old 11-11-2008, 08:45 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tima
Glad you're both okay, the bike can be fixed, and yes, take the ticket to court and see if the judge will understand the situation. I wonder if the LEO HAD to issue the ticket due to the circumstances...I don't know......
But if you were a 17 year old "sniff" he wouldn't feel compelled to write the ticket.
Its the truth....

Last edited by RODEO; 11-11-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:49 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

wow i guess those bumpers really do work!!!...glad you're OK

Old 11-11-2008, 09:03 PM
J2X
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Glad you both are OK. Talk to a lawyer, or at least the prosecutor prior to the hearing. I am sure you can work that ticket out. If the witness does not show, it will probably be dismissed.

Let us know the outcome and post pictures of the ride once it is repaired. One of those before and after shots. . .

Old 11-12-2008, 12:34 AM
tci2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you say the other driver had a suspended license. That alone is a good defense in some jurisdictions. Most street cops hate responding to crash scenes and if they are of that vein, you don;t get their best work.
Is that F&S in the background of your photo?

Official disclaimer "This poster is not a lawyer and is not dipensing legal advise"

Glad you both are OK

Old 11-12-2008, 12:39 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Glad you are okay, could have been a lot worse your attitude seems healthy enough .. Personally I would fight the ticket with a Cop that can't even ask your side of the story.. Just the principle of it ...

Old 11-12-2008, 01:59 AM
kansasroadking
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you were stopped, you did in fact yield to oncoming traffic... in my opinion that lady should have been cited for inattentive or reckless driving.
if you do talk to the prosecutor, tell them that you were stopped and the lady ran into you and that you intend to plead not guilty and take it to trial, if your state allows that.
remember, they have to prove you guilty and the prosecuting attorney knows that, it may not even make it to court.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:03 AM
Bad Pig
Road Master

sounds like the ticket should get tossed....glad you and the misses is ok!
sounds like nows a good time to ditch those ugly bumpers

Quick Reply: Boy did I get hosed tonight!!