Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod? Mp3? Flash drive?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008 | 11:46 AM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master

Ipod nano for me, holds over 800 songs and my Kenwood stereo charges it while using it.

Old 11-11-2008 | 11:56 AM
kupitz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by QIKLUV
gilbos440rt posted this....

RE: Ipod and my bike....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you turned up your Nano Ronjo? On mine I think I went into options, and turned on a setting to let me max the Volume, the default left a lot on the table you weren't able to use, mines louder than my CD's now! Hope this helped some

wonder if this does help?
Most of the flash players don't give you the deeper option for volume, there are patches and such you can use to try to increase the output level, but so far nothing's worked for my Windows Mobile MP3 cellphone. I used a preamp software that really distorts the music when you try to increase audio level. I think the ipods have the feature built in and it works to boot.

Old 11-11-2008 | 12:04 PM
beaucoup_dinkydow
Tourer

I'm running a Zumo550, put a 4gig sd card in it. Put a bunch of mp3's on it.
All solid state, run the sound output from the zumo to the aux input on the Harley radio.
very satisifed with that setup.

Old 11-11-2008 | 02:24 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
The big iPods have a spinning drive inside that are sensitive to vibrations.
I've got an iPod video from back in the day hooked up to my Alpine X-100 and I haven't had any problems with vibrations. No skip, jump, or anything of the sort.

Old 11-11-2008 | 03:09 PM
rokdoctor
Intermediate

I use my iphone. No problems with skipping.

I have found the quality of the cable running from the ipod to the aux input on the HK radio will have a drastic effect on volume/sound quality.

-RokDoctor

Old 11-11-2008 | 03:19 PM
dyebartdie
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rokdoctor
I use my iphone. No problems with skipping...

iphones are flash memory based

Old 11-11-2008 | 03:59 PM
hawg08
Road Master

Burn your MP3s onto a CD. You can put over 150 mp3s on one CD. Five or six CDs...how many more songs could you want!!!!!!

Old 11-11-2008 | 04:54 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior

Hello,
Maybe someone here can help me out. I installed a system on my friends RG this past weekend. Biketronics Retro-Kit, Hogtune speaks and a Sony headunit with direct connect IPOD attachment. When we hook up his brand new Nano, he gets a Ipod communication error message on the head unit face. Is this possibly because most of his tracks on his Ipod are from CD saved to Itunes and not purchased from Itunes. Any help would be great, thx in advance, Rich

Old 11-11-2008 | 05:00 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member

I use the big iPod, but keep it in my jacket pocket and plug it into the stereo. As another poster said, they are sensitive to vibration and heat as well, so you may have problems if you try to just stick them in a windshield bag or something. The other thing I did is create a bunch of MP3 discs, separated by genre (country, rock, metal, etc.) and sometimes just pop one of those in and hit "random." They are about ten hours of music each and I out together about a dozen of them.

Old 11-11-2008 | 05:13 PM
dyebartdie
Road Captain

[quote=Puttnutt24;4102630]Hello,
...Sony headunit with direct connect IPOD attachment. When we hook up his brand new Nano, he gets a Ipod communication error message on the head unit face... /quote]

Some Sony headunits are not compatible with certain versions of ipods.

Quick Reply: Ipod? Mp3? Flash drive?