Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Looking Solo Seat -- What's your Opinion??

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 06:21 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00
I put a Sundowner solo seat on my '03 RK. Far and away the most comfortable and, IMO, the best looking seat I've ever had. Too bad they don't make these yet to fit bikes with the 6 gallon tanks.
I also agree the Sundowner was the best seat out there. I now have the Signature Series Solo Seat on my 09' and am not happy with it. Not as comfortable and I keep sliding forward.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Apologies!

StreetGeezer,

I wasn't yelling at you. I didn't mean to yell 'at' anyone. It's just a frustrating issue. I wasted three months with them. Not to mention the expense involved of having 700+ dollars tied up. And at the recent Biketoberfest in Daytona my wife and I were walking through a tent with sale/discount items and there was a Saddlemen seat hanging on the wall. It was worse than either of the two screw-ups they sent me. Amazing!

I'm just trying to warn people thinking about ordering a seat over the internet, with out trying it, or more importantly, touching it and touching it. It's not an easy task.

Monsted,

The Corbin was a nice seat, but it's a little hard for my hip replaced body. Excellent quality. I also liked the Mustang adjustable backrest better.

So I'm a Mustang owner and I really do love this seat. Especially after using my old seat to take the RK in for service. Makes me realize I made the right choice. For me, of course.

So apologies to everyone!!

Old 12-12-2008, 10:50 AM
1goindiesel
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bobros
I also agree the Sundowner was the best seat out there. I now have the Signature Series Solo Seat on my 09' and am not happy with it. Not as comfortable and I keep sliding forward.
Bobros, I agree, I have this solo seat on my 09 too. Ok for comfort, not much lower back support without the backrest, its kinda ugly too (imho). The Sundowner seat on my 06 was an excellent seat, the newer model...not so much. Does anyone have the MUSTANG SOLO TRIPPER, looks kind of low profile. Would like to see a pic or hear comments from a current owner/user.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

IMO, it depends on the bike. The Brawler looks great on the SG, while the Mustang w/RK studs looks great on the RKC. I also like the Corbin with grab guard on the RK.

The seat on my sig picture is the Mustang w/RK studs...its also for sale since I recently bought a Mustang solo + backrest. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Ride safel

Old 12-21-2008, 06:59 AM
RKING09
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride a 2009 FLHR and have ridden the Signature series solo seat 650 miles now and I absolutely love it! I used to be a HD service manager here in the DFW area and have virtually tried almost all of the seats out there.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by max56
Corbin seats are firm...very firm. Nothing like a sofa seat. Strange thing is, after hours in the saddle, it never gets to the point of being like a rock. It stays comfortable the entire day. I don't know how they do it.
Perfect description for my stock FLHR seat.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:02 AM
raceframe
Advanced

I have to agree that the corbin solo is an excellent seat.I never had any issues with there customer service,but I also never had to deal with them over any problems.When I first installed the seat it was hard as a rock as outhers have reported,but after about 500 miles it was not a problem anymore and I could easily ride all day comfortably.I would absolutely by another one.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:12 AM
scooby doo
Tourer

I've got the day tripper by Mustang. Looks fantastic and gets lots of comments. Great for around town and the odd longer run. Took it to TN from Ontario last summer knowing it would give me trying moments but overall not as bad for that long a run.
Bike looks great as I crab walked away from though. lol

Old 12-21-2008, 10:17 AM
ForkLift
Intermediate

i love my corbins

Attached Thumbnails Best Looking Solo Seat -- What's your Opinion??-resized-05.jpg   Best Looking Solo Seat -- What's your Opinion??-new-pics-008.jpg   Best Looking Solo Seat -- What's your Opinion??-23-new-pics-09.jpg  
Old 12-21-2008, 11:25 AM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 64 Posts

I got danny gray, I like the look and it seems comfortable...not many miles yet, just short runs...but my last bike had a corbin and I loved it. I'm probably gonna get one for this 09 when the money loosens up.

Last edited by bpav16; 07-13-2013 at 07:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Best Looking Solo Seat -- What's your Opinion??