Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Looking Solo Seat -- What's your Opinion??

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Pastor John,

All your bikes look great!

Do you like the Mustang fender bib? Does it scratch the paint any? I'm thinking of ordering one to hide the original white plastic washer doohickies thingies.

SCRider,

That's a hot looking RKC. I don't see to many classics with a larger front wheel, at least around here. Very nice ride!

Old 11-14-2008, 06:26 AM
BDHE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yachtman;

Thanks for posting the pictures!

I fully realize that when it comes to choosing a seat, there are about equal parts function (how does it feel on a long ride), and style (everyone's individual sense of what the perfect solo touring bike should look like), that go into the decision. If we're lucky, we end up with a seat that feels good, and looks good, too!

As far as the functional aspect is concerned, the members of this forum are out there on the street performing "seat of the pants" (literally) testing on every seat imaginable, under every possible condition. As far as the style aspect is concerned, there is no right or wrong -- other than what satisfies our individual vision of what our own motorcycles should look like.

So far this thread has been a wealth of information to help make a choice, covering both function and style.

Thanks for the information!

Bryon

Old 11-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Badbagger09
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Great tread, looks like I will be considering a mustang for my 09 SG.
Thanks

Old 11-14-2008, 08:52 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yachtman
Pastor John,

All your bikes look great!

Do you like the Mustang fender bib? Does it scratch the paint any? I'm thinking of ordering one to hide the original white plastic washer doohickies thingies.

SCRider,

That's a hot looking RKC. I don't see to many classics with a larger front wheel, at least around here. Very nice ride!
They don't show in your pic but you can get a couple chrome fender washers that will cover them or paint them black. They also have a chrome plastic cap that will screw in where the original one was, I painted mine to match the fender and it doesn't show as much. I like the looks of the clean fender vs a bib.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Yachtman
Road Warrior

GMC,

I took the white plastic washers off because of their size. I don't like that when I want to take my seat off for detailing, the bolts and the plate they're attached to fall down to the floor. I'd rather not have a bib, but since I take the seat off at least once a week................
I guess I could trim the white ones to a smaller size. I already have the fender washers under the bolts heads, and the Mustang rubber washers under the tabs.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:06 AM
gmc
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Yachtman
GMC,

I took the white plastic washers off because of their size. I don't like that when I want to take my seat off for detailing, the bolts and the plate they're attached to fall down to the floor. I'd rather not have a bib, but since I take the seat off at least once a week................
I guess I could trim the white ones to a smaller size. I already have the fender washers under the bolts heads, and the Mustang rubber washers under the tabs.
What I ment was to put yr white plastic washers back on, then 1 1/2 chrome fender washer, then you seat and the rest and everything will be covered.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior

GMC,

The white discs are almost 2" across, and would be noticible if not trimmed.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Mouse575
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mustang just updated their site again, now they show mounting hardware and a new short bib that just covers the washers.
I think I have decided to go with the Clasic Solo with backrest, 13.5 in pillion and the mini bib (#78064).
This thread was instumental in my decision process, thanks to all who posted.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Got ya now GMC. I'm brain dead this afternoon!!

Old 11-14-2008, 04:32 PM
krusr
Ultimate HDF Member

Corbin.

But as an option,

I had a two up modified as my wife can't ride in the event someone had to ride bich in an emergency.

Quick Reply: Best Looking Solo Seat -- What's your Opinion??