Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Looking Solo Seat -- What's your Opinion??

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008 | 12:49 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BDHE
Christophage;

The Corbin classic solo is a handsome seat. Are they comfortable for a long haul?

Corbin site: http://www.corbin.com/harley/baggers/hdflh9-s.shtml

Bryon
Byron I run the Corbin Classic Solo on my 08 Ultra Classic and it is great for long hauls. They are firm but really fit your bottom and good firm support is what you need for the long hauls. The sofy cushy seats don't support you and you end up sitting on the seat pan. I've ridden to Sturgis, Milwaukee etc. and never had a problem. Seating area is made of real leather and wears well.

Old 11-12-2008 | 01:05 PM
max56
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BDHE
Christophage;

The Corbin classic solo is a handsome seat. Are they comfortable for a long haul?

Corbin site: http://www.corbin.com/harley/baggers/hdflh9-s.shtml

Bryon

Corbin seats are firm...very firm. Nothing like a sofa seat. Strange thing is, after hours in the saddle, it never gets to the point of being like a rock. It stays comfortable the entire day. I don't know how they do it.

Old 11-12-2008 | 05:15 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior

BDHE,

Just got the post. Yes that is the Mustang in the photo. I'll shoot some pics for you tomorrow with the backrest on and post them. I'll include the hardware also because I think it's great quality, and good looking to boot.

ITILEMAN,

I'm sure there are a few, very few, of Saddlemens out there. My experience (no fault of yours, by the way) was just so aweful that I'd hate to hear anyone else go through it. **** poor quality on the materials and especially the poor craftsmanship, and then the absolute nightmare of customer service. (Sorry to rant on, but........ ) There are too many other seats. I was at Corbin, very nice seat and people, no folding backrest. I also had a few nice conversations with C&C, but wanted to sit on a seat before I made another internet boo-boo. Mustang was at Biketoberfest and I got to sit on one and the woman who helped us was fantastic. (see there, I finished on a high note!!)

Last edited by Yachtman; 11-12-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Added text.
Old 11-12-2008 | 10:02 PM
bagger05
Intermediate

You can't beat the look of Corbin's Hollywood solo on the KING, in just plain black with no frills, flames or rails!

Old 11-12-2008 | 10:03 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master

Mustang tripper solo seat. Not quite as plush as the mustang plain solo seat but for me it's just a better saddle position and i like the lower profile look.

Old 11-12-2008 | 10:37 PM
SCRider
Cruiser

I love the Corbin Classic. I also have the rear pillion pad as well as the back rest that matches the Corbin classic. The Hollywood Solo also looks awesome.

Old 11-13-2008 | 12:12 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior

BDHE,

Here's a few pics with the backrest on the bike and also the hardware. I've put some more miles on it, and I still like it. It's definetly getting more comfortable as I use it.

Attached Thumbnails Best Looking Solo Seat -- What's your Opinion??-road-king-11-13-08-001.jpg   Best Looking Solo Seat -- What's your Opinion??-road-king-11-13-08-002.jpg   Best Looking Solo Seat -- What's your Opinion??-road-king-11-13-08-021.jpg   Best Looking Solo Seat -- What's your Opinion??-road-king-11-13-08-007.jpg   Best Looking Solo Seat -- What's your Opinion??-road-king-11-13-08-020.jpg  

Old 11-13-2008 | 04:44 PM
jmcollison
Road Master

Originally Posted by jsimo7
Corbin with the rail around the back looks awsome. I had one on my 99 and really liked the look and comfort
I couldn't agree more! The look of the solo Corbin with the grab rail, no pillion really helps touch off the chrome on the RK Classic. Especially when you have the bag guards on too!

Old 11-13-2008 | 04:46 PM
jmcollison
Road Master

Originally Posted by max56
Corbin seats are firm...very firm. Nothing like a sofa seat. Strange thing is, after hours in the saddle, it never gets to the point of being like a rock. It stays comfortable the entire day. I don't know how they do it.
I agree with the comments regarding firmness/comfort of the Corbin. I have done multiple 700+ on her and my personal best is 987 miles in one 16.5 hour stretch. Sure I had to wiggle around a little bit, but at least I could walk when I dismounted at the end of the day!

Old 11-13-2008 | 08:33 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Yachtman
BDHE,

Just got the post. Yes that is the Mustang in the photo. I'll shoot some pics for you tomorrow with the backrest on and post them. I'll include the hardware also because I think it's great quality, and good looking to boot.

ITILEMAN,

I'm sure there are a few, very few, of Saddlemens out there. My experience (no fault of yours, by the way) was just so aweful that I'd hate to hear anyone else go through it. **** poor quality on the materials and especially the poor craftsmanship, and then the absolute nightmare of customer service. (Sorry to rant on, but........ ) There are too many other seats. I was at Corbin, very nice seat and people, no folding backrest. I also had a few nice conversations with C&C, but wanted to sit on a seat before I made another internet boo-boo. Mustang was at Biketoberfest and I got to sit on one and the woman who helped us was fantastic. (see there, I finished on a high note!!)
Yachtman - I got the Mustang seat for my Low Rider pretty much the same way. Bought the bike in Milwaukee and rode it back to Billings with a stop at the Mustang Seat tent in Stugis. Got to try a bunch of seats on my bike before making the final selection. They shipped the stock seat to my house at no charge and I rode home on the Mustang. Loved that seat. Got the Saddleman because it was too cheap to pass up (under $250 delivered - guess I got lucky) and bought a Corbin from one of the forum members. If I had to do it over again, I'd bite the bullet and get the Mustang with the back rest and passenger pillion (my wife gets on and rides once every two years).
Great info given on this site and poor service is going to cost Saddleman - as much as I like mine, I wouldn't go there again.

Quick Reply: Best Looking Solo Seat -- What's your Opinion??