Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Fuel management?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 02:05 PM
turbo38sfi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 09 Fuel management?

I had a SERT on my 06. My understanding is that the SERT is no longer made. What are the options for newer model bikes that keep the o2? I know the Tmax is one, does HD offer a newer version SERT?

Old 11-10-2008, 02:44 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

If you are looking specifically for a SERT, I would recommend checking into the TTS Mastertune which is essentially the former SERT now sold directly from the original manufacturer. The TTS mastertune has been updated with several new (and long overdue) features over the original SERT. You can check out http://www.mastertune.net/index.html or feel free to contact us for more info. I would also keep in mind that Dynojet has the new PC V coming out soon which will allow you to add their new Auto-tune module with dual wideband sensors for true live tuning here is some preliminary info http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...formation.aspx

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Last edited by fuelmoto; 11-10-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

I believe it was a Screaming Eagle Super Tuner - SEST - that dealer installed on my 09. Perhaps that is the replacement for the SERT.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:06 PM
ssfirefighter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The SEST is the "Harley Davidson" replacement for the SERT. The SERT was written by TTS and is now sold by them as the "Master Tune". The SEST is made by someone else.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:18 PM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Can you use the pcv with downloaded maps like the pcIII? Is the auto tune an option?

Old 11-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Super Tuner is the replacement for the SERT. It has different tuning constants so the previous maps have to be cut and pasted, i don't recommend doing that. We had some corrupt maps while doing that. It is a little different in tuning compared to the Sert. Good thing it is upgradable via the internet and allows the user/owner to check codes and perform road tests'. It works great There is even a seperate tuning DVD avalible for people wanting to learn how it work's. Still get best results with Dyno but gives you some capabilities other than tuning.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:25 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
If you are looking specifically for a SERT, I would recommend checking into the TTS Mastertune which is essentially the former SERT now sold directly from the original manufacturer. The TTS mastertune has been updated with several new (and long overdue) features over the original SERT. You can check out http://www.mastertune.net/index.html or feel free to contact us for more info. I would also keep in mind that Dynojet has the new PC V coming out soon which will allow you to add their new Auto-tune module with dual wideband sensors for true live tuning here is some preliminary info http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...formation.aspx
Jamie,
The "autotune module" sound neet! Can you give a ball park estimate what that extra module might cost? If I read it correctly, it will automatically fine tune the PC-V as you ride? Sounds great! can't wait to get this set up on my bike. But then again, if the "autotune" is not really necessary, maybe I won't get it.

(The "quickshifter" sounds kinda' neet too, although I won't be adding that to my bike.)

Last edited by RODEO; 11-10-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:28 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bpav16
Can you use the pcv with downloaded maps like the pcIII? Is the auto tune an option?
Yes, You can use it like the PCIII. The PC V also gives a lot more adjustability than the PC III.
The autotune is an option. Im curious if it is worth the extra money if your not going to do more mods than what your originally mapped for. I guess Jamie will figure it out with his testing. I will go on his recommendation on wether to get the autotune or not.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:32 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by brihvac
Yes, You can use it like the PCIII. The PC V also gives a lot more adjustability than the PC III.
The autotune is an option. Im curious if it is worth the extra money if your not going to do more mods than what your originally mapped for. I guess Jamie will figure it out with his testing. I will go on his recommendation on wether to get the autotune or not.
Ditto,
Although the Maps are more or less a starting point and by adding the "autotune" module, you are assured of ideal fine tuning as you ride (if I understand it correctly.)

Old 11-10-2008, 04:36 PM
turbo38sfi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fuelmoto

That's good to know I didn't know that. Is the TTS the only one to offer knock detection?

Quick Reply: 09 Fuel management?