Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Fuel management?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 02:59 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by brihvac
Im having trouble seeing how the PC V with Auto Tune, itself, would be a "performance" mod. How I see it, reguardless of the "other" mods you make(pipes,intake, etc) The only function of the PC with auto tune is to keep from running too lean or too rich. Other than that there is no performance gain with just the PC V with auto tune.

I hope Im wrong
Jamie? Anyone?
You pretty much answered your own question with having control of the EFI and ignition timing with the PC V. Tuning is the most important part of this equasion, and tuning components such as the PC, Sert, Thundermax, TTS, Etc.. are all simply tools which allow you to bring a combination together.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 118 Posts

Hello Jamie,
I talked to you on the phone recently and I'm waiting for the PC-V release but I'm also very interested in the TTS Mastertune. Do you sell the TTS system and if so, are you able to set it up as you do the PC when you purchase a complete kit (exhaust, intake)? I'm looking for something I can simple install, download and ride, without extensive dyno time and tinkering with the software myself. thx in advance, Rich A

Old 11-11-2008, 03:24 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
Hello Jamie,
I talked to you on the phone recently and I'm waiting for the PC-V release but I'm also very interested in the TTS Mastertune. Do you sell the TTS system and if so, are you able to set it up as you do the PC when you purchase a complete kit (exhaust, intake)? I'm looking for something I can simple install, download and ride, without extensive dyno time and tinkering with the software myself. thx in advance, Rich A
Yes we are a TTS Mastertune dealer and can put together packages with our exhausts and intakes. Note that the TTS Mastertune is a "hands on" system. I recommend this to users who have a good understanding of the Delph EFI system, its lookup tables (VE, AFR, etc..) and the ability to analyze data and apply changes.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior

Well with that being said, I'll hold out for the PC-V with auto tune :-) Thx Jamie...
On another note, I ran the ThunderMax with my '07 and was completly satisfied with it, bike ran great. A few have mentioned the TMax here on this thread and I just want to put out there that it is not available for bikes with "Throttle by Wire" systems...

Old 11-11-2008, 03:49 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

We should have the Thundermax for the 08-09 bike shortly after the 1st of the year.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior

Jamie, your making this more difficult
But thx for that update......

Old 11-11-2008, 03:58 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie,
Question: You will be able to provide a PC-V tuned to use with V&H Monster Ovals correct? (without the autotune moddule).

I know you do it when all components are from you, mufflers and a/c but can you work it if I have the mufflers already? (tuning I mean). I just want to be sure that I am not waiting for nothing.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:34 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Saturday Night Special
Jamie,
Question: You will be able to provide a PC-V tuned to use with V&H Monster Ovals correct? (without the autotune moddule).

I know you do it when all components are from you, mufflers and a/c but can you work it if I have the mufflers already? (tuning I mean). I just want to be sure that I am not waiting for nothing.
We will for sure have a map for the V&H Monster Ovals right away

Old 11-11-2008, 04:35 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Popular muffler right? Thanks Jamie...

Old 11-11-2008, 04:42 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Is the auto tune the way to go?
I like the idea of the auto tune making adjustments due to weather, rear cyl heating up, etc.
Jamie, I assume you are going to test and compare the auto tune?
Im going to go on your recommendation

Quick Reply: 09 Fuel management?