Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two position Tour Pack?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:05 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Two position Tour Pack?

My owner's manual for my '09 UC says that the Tour Pack has two positions. The selling dealer looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him about it. Three people, including a tech, knew nothing about it and didn't think it could be done. Anyone know the answer? Are there two positions and is it easy the relocate? Is the delivered position the extended or the closer position?

Old 11-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My tourpac (leather) or my detachable rack ( I don't remember which) has two sets of holes so I can move it up or back a couple inches. I don't know if they are all like this but mine is moveable.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

I guess you may be talking about using detachable hardware to change the position. I believe the position can be for two up riding or it can be moved up if preferred for one up riding. I'm unsure if you can do both with the 4 point detachable hardware or if the 2 point hardware is needed for 1 up riding.

I'm sure other members will be able to help both of us understand better and my experience is limited to my 09 SG.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:10 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Doesn't matter if it's detach or not, there are additional holes in the mounting system to unbolt and move it. I believe it comes in the most forward position. It is not something that can be done on the fly, it requires unbolting and reattaching. If that doesn't give you what you want, I highly recommend the George Anderson Tour Pak relocation kit, search on the forum, you will find it.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:35 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

It can be moved something like 3/4 of an inch. Not really enough to do much good. George Anderson relocator is the way to go (assuming he makes them for 09's by now).

Old 11-10-2008, 10:44 AM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure if the '09 is different, but on the '08 the TP ships in the rear position and can be moved forward..just not sure why anyone would want to.

I have the George Anderson relocation kit on mine.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:51 AM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 08s have 2 positions but when I looked at a friends new 09 Ultra I thought it had 3. Look at the bottom of the TP and it should be obvious. As mentioned before it is not a on the fly change it has to be unbolted and moved. As to why
A plus size passenger would probably require a little more room back there especially if when using a rider backrest.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:59 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

My 07 came in the forward position (rear holes). Moved it to rear and wife noticed the difference.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:08 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks to all. I know I'm going to really appreciate having all of you and all of your knowlege as an unlimited source of help and information.
The service manual, which I picked up an hour ago, shows two sets of holes in the bottom of the tour pack adding about an inch. Doesn't sound like a lot but I bet it makes a difference. Regards, Jeff

Old 11-10-2008, 01:15 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on the George Anderson relocation kit. I installed it on mine, and my wife has never been happier. Really made a huge difference for her. If you're needing more space, you might consider it. Do a search, or PM me and I'll shoot you the info.

Quick Reply: Two position Tour Pack?