Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accessory Connection

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008 | 03:05 PM
hardyf111
|
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessory Connection

I want to power my auxiliary driving lights with the accessory connection the manual says is infront of the battery. This will allow me to use the accessory switch located onthe fork nacelle of my 2008 Road Glide.

I simply cannot find it. What am I looking for? Any help out there?

thanks in advance.

Hardy

Old 11-09-2008 | 03:22 PM
Silverglide
Tourer

It's there,assuming it's the same as a flhr. You just have to dig through the wires and you will find it. On my 08 Roadking I had the same problem, I called they dealer and the tech confirmed it was there. I looked a little deeper and found it.

Old 11-09-2008 | 03:27 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

The multifunctional plug is made to accept a variety of Harley accessories, such as the Road Zeppelin seat.

If you are mounting aux lights in front, why not just hook them up to the switched side of the aux switch in your innner fairing?

Old 11-09-2008 | 03:32 PM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's there. I just installed a cig lighter plug and had to find that plug. It is hanging in front of the battery.

Old 11-09-2008 | 03:33 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

It's in front of the battery down deep. It's the connector with the thick rubber plug on the end.

Old 11-10-2008 | 04:02 AM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine was toward the back of the bike near the battery. It's a long cylindrical balck thing that has a wonderful rubber type gasket.

Old 11-10-2008 | 04:42 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

I had to pull the batter to get at it, Hope that helps.

Old 11-10-2008 | 07:16 AM
hardyf111
|
Cruiser
Default Accessory Connection

Thanks guys! I gues the battery comes out today so I can find the plug. I have found several things, but they appear to need a special plug. Does this connector have typical electrical connections or something special?

Hardy

Old 11-10-2008 | 07:22 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
The multifunctional plug is made to accept a variety of Harley accessories, such as the Road Zeppelin seat.

If you are mounting aux lights in front, why not just hook them up to the switched side of the aux switch in your innner fairing?
I want to connect my garage door opener in the fairing. Where can you find the aux switched power there?

Old 11-10-2008 | 07:58 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by hardyf111
Thanks guys! I gues the battery comes out today so I can find the plug. I have found several things, but they appear to need a special plug. Does this connector have typical electrical connections or something special?

Hardy

No need to remove the battery....Dig around in front of the battery and pull up all of the connectors. It will probably be down deep but it's the only one with a black rubber end cap attached to it.

HD dealer will have the matching connecting end and the electrical pins to attach whatever you want to the accessory plug.

Quick Reply: Accessory Connection