Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing Road Glide Stripe on Side Cover

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 12:08 PM
ncbeast
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing Road Glide Stripe on Side Cover

I am looking to add the missing stripe that Harley left off of the side cover...

Is HellsFoundery the only company that makes these? That is all I can find, on their site or off of ebay.

Over $60 is a steep with shipping for 2 decals.

Also if I do break down and buy them I read on another thread that the company reccomends you do clear coat over them like the OEM ones that are already there?

I sent them an email asking why but have not heard back. I was going to get my inner fairing painted and the painter said he would not charge me to do the side covers while he was clearing the inner. I am afrad the the shine will not match if not cleared.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:15 PM
smittydog27
Advanced
Default missing stripe

I got mine from there (Hell's Foundry). Good product, easy to put on. I called them (no email) and they said the old stripes didn't like the clear coat-could damage the sticker. They have a new supplier and you can clear them if you want to.
Personally, you can't tell if it's clear coated at 70 MPH, or at 2 feet away.

All in what you want to do.

Hope this helps

Old 11-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Had the Hells Foundry stickers, they were OK. Didn't match the OEM colors perfectly, but from over 10 feet away it was barely noticable. It's not HF fault, just different printers that put out the OEM stickers as compared to the HF stickers. If they were cleared over on mine, that might make them even less noticable. I am somewhat of a freak when it comes to matching and evenness. This is the trouble I am having with wheels right now. I really like this wheel from PM, and was trying to only get teh front seeing as you can;t see the rear wheel because of the bags and Street Glide fender fascia. Sounds all well and good, but I would know that the rear wheel did not match the front and I think it would drive me nuts

Old 11-07-2008, 02:32 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago Spike
Had the Hells Foundry stickers, they were OK. Didn't match the OEM colors perfectly, but from over 10 feet away it was barely noticable. It's not HF fault, just different printers that put out the OEM stickers as compared to the HF stickers. If they were cleared over on mine, that might make them even less noticable. I am somewhat of a freak when it comes to matching and evenness. This is the trouble I am having with wheels right now. I really like this wheel from PM, and was trying to only get teh front seeing as you can;t see the rear wheel because of the bags and Street Glide fender fascia. Sounds all well and good, but I would know that the rear wheel did not match the front and I think it would drive me nuts
**** retentive...much like me!

I have the matching rear wheel, rotor, pulley...even put a PM rear caliper on.

Not hijackin' the thread...just sayin'....it's all in how **** you are.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:36 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Cheaper way would be to chrome your stock rear wheel, if your doing a front chrome wheel.

All people would see is the chrome and not really pay attention to the design.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hdvrodsg
Cheaper way would be to chrome your stock rear wheel, if your doing a front chrome wheel.

All people would see is the chrome and not really pay attention to the design.
Yes, but I'm not that simple(well, maybe simple-minded ) I have to have "Contrast Cut" wheels by Roland Sands

Old 11-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Puzzled
Banned

Derik from HF is away until the 9th-10th , he's on the cruise Hog's on the High Seas.

Depending on when you purchased your stripes the colors have since changed. The new batch is supposedly a dead on match. They do not need to be cleared. I sell about 6-8 sets of these stripes a week and I haven't heard from anyone that the stripes don't match.

I'm waiting on pictures of the new tour pack stripes. I think they will do well.