Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone with unigo trailer experience?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:46 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,227 Likes on 1,842 Posts

Also type unigo trailer into google and you will find that they had some business problems as many dealers will no longer carry them as it appears that the original company doesn't make them, but another one does and I guess there were problems according to what I was reading on some of the sites.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:06 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I had trouble with the link that sped put up, so I PM'd him and he sent me a new one. This is really worth looking in to.
http://www.alsmotorcycleaccessories....l_trailer.html

Old 11-07-2008, 05:12 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,227 Likes on 1,842 Posts

Also if you like the uni design, check out http://www.eaglematetrailers.com/ A rep came into our shop with one and it was pretty neat.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:19 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys. I read some of the negative stuff online but hoped it was a little blown up. That is probably enough to make me not get one. Some reports said they were not waterproof and for me that is not acceptable. It's unfortunate because it is what I would prefer. I sent bushtec an email asking about a trailer.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:00 PM
FotoDeville
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my uni-go and agree with all of Jinks' comments. I took it on a 3500 mile trip to sturgis last year and never had a problem. Well, with one exception. When I hit triple digits on the speedo, the trailer started to bounce and caused me to soil my trousers.
But the convenience was great. It held everything my wife and I needed for the trip. An added bonus is that no matter where you stop for gas or food, someone wants to talk to you about it.
I haven't had the leaking problems that I hear about. When I bought my bike used the uni-go came with it. I guess the original owner bought it in 2003.I don't know if it was built by the sweedish company or the newer American company. Either way, it's a great addition to my bike.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:10 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Somehow I missed this thread. I got my Uni-Go last year in mid-August and yes they were having problems with getting the lids to fit correctly. They did discover what the issue was and made the correction. Ihad not heard of any other issues.

I got mine just in time for a 3000+ mile trip and at first my wife thought is was dumb until she realized how much extra crap she could bring. Having the trailer we were able to keep the tourpak fairly empty. I luv mine.

Plenty of choices for trailers. I was only interested in a single wheel. IMO...once you have one you will wonder why you didnt get one sooner especially if you do big mileage trips or motorcycle camping.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:48 PM
justkiding
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry guys but i just don't see the value in the Uni-go. The Classic model with matching paint, correct hitch etc comes out to $3500 bucks. I was looking at American Legend trailers at the Vegas Bikefest last month for about a grand more. A lot more trailer and room etc. The small wheels on the trailers have me concerned. How can an 8 or 10 inch wheel keep up with your bike? Maybe I'm looking to much into it. The single wheel concept sounds good to me if it was a full size motorcycle wheel. The American Legend trailer and many others can be installed with a swival hitch that allows the bike to lean.
Anyway just my 2 cents. Thanks

Old 11-11-2008, 07:32 AM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the info everyone. Even though I like the idea of a single wheel more I went with the bushtec. The web reviews just had too much widespread problems with leaks and other issues. Thanks again.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:30 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by justkiding
I'm sorry guys but i just don't see the value in the Uni-go. The Classic model with matching paint, correct hitch etc comes out to $3500 bucks. I was looking at American Legend trailers at the Vegas Bikefest last month for about a grand more. A lot more trailer and room etc. The small wheels on the trailers have me concerned. How can an 8 or 10 inch wheel keep up with your bike? Maybe I'm looking to much into it. The single wheel concept sounds good to me if it was a full size motorcycle wheel. The American Legend trailer and many others can be installed with a swival hitch that allows the bike to lean.
Anyway just my 2 cents. Thanks

How can an 8 or 10 inch wheel keep up with your bike?...how would it not keep up???