Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many RK owners have switched to Heritage handlebars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006 | 12:28 PM
wingt50dw
Road Master
Default RE: How many RK owners have switched to Heritage handlebars?

I put RK Custom Beach Bars on my 97 RK about a month ago...Didn't like the position they put my wrists in They made my wrists hurt after a long day of riding and they sucked in stop and go traffic. I took them off yesterday afternoon and put on a set of Heritage bars I got from a buddy. I like the taller feel, although they seem a bit awkward, also (weird wrist postition). However, I think I will like them when I got used to them...Going to ride them loooooooong this weekend [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 04-07-2006 | 01:10 PM
98kingflh
Cruiser

My FLHPI Cop bike came with them stock, love them. Much more comfortable that the stock bars from the factory. I'm only 6' with long arms and legs, they fit great. My father in law has a Heritage and there is no difference with the front end set up.

Old 04-07-2006 | 01:31 PM
Mitt
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Matt115

I just switched out my RK Custom bars for the Chubby 513 baby apes. They're very similar to the Heritage dimensions, but much wider, 36". They feel great, and look nice.

The 518's are nice, too, but I like my arms out in front of me. Keeps my back straight, instead of hunching over.
I'm looking to get the bars back toward the rider more - I don't want to stretch out at all - Will these do the trick? If not what will???

Old 04-07-2006 | 01:50 PM
Gunkholes
Road Captain

It sounds like you'd like the stock RK Custom bars or something like the the Chubby 508s. They both have a significant pull-back. If you don't mind the "wheelbarrow" grip, they might meet your needs.

Old 04-07-2006 | 05:09 PM
myzen
Road Captain

The FLHP bars and the Heritage bars the same. Yes they fit perfectly on an 06 Road Glide. All cables fit just fine.

Old 04-07-2006 | 05:51 PM
nasebaer
Stage II

I'm only 5'7" and I switched to the chubbies that have more of a pull back (don't remember which number they are) on my 04 FLHR. I love them and they hide the wires. I did switch the cables, but I do believe that the stock cables would have been long enough, but I wanted to swtch anyway since I went to braided cables. Ride safe.

Old 04-07-2006 | 05:52 PM
Matt115
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Mitt

[
I'm looking to get the bars back toward the rider more - I don't want to stretch out at all - Will these do the trick? If not what will???

[/quote]
Mitt, Then you might want to try the Reduce Reach HD bars. My arms are bent a little, but I can only lean back about 3-4 inches. Check out Wild1's website (www.wild1inc.com). They have pictures of the differences in stock vs. theirs.

Old 04-07-2006 | 06:59 PM
vulhalla
Road Master

These are the ones I put on my Heritage, these are more"in the wind" so to speak. The stock one like many others in here were at too much of a wrist angle.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-08-2006 | 11:15 AM
wingt50dw
Road Master

ORIGINAL: vulhalla

These are the ones I put on my Heritage, these are more"in the wind" so to speak. The stock one like many others in here were at too much of a wrist angle.

[IMG][/IMG]
What bars are those...That is what I want for my RK?

Old 04-08-2006 | 01:57 PM
Bill918
Road Captain

Chubby W508's rock, and still look like a King

Quick Reply: How many RK owners have switched to Heritage handlebars?